Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this show causes a lot of debate among Banshees fans. It's been punted about claiming to be from 11 July 77 and also 5th September 77. They definitely played both dates, that's undisputed. These 2 shows I have are different sources, the second source being the better quality but the first source has Mirage and The Lord's Prayer. Also, the songs in source 2 are in a different running order. You can tell they're the same show by the in between song banter and certain crowd noises etc. I've posted both shows here with the date that I've always had attached. You can fight amongst yourselves as to the correct date as I gave up years ago.

[Source #1] - SATB-1977,11Jul-london,the vortex

Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Vortex
Wardour Street
London UK
11th July 1977 [maybe]

make up to break up
helter skelter
mirage
scrapheap
psychic
20th century boy
carcass
love in a void
the lord's prayer
captain scarlet

[Source #2] - SATB-1977,5Sep-london,the vortex

Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Vortex
Wardour Street
London UK
5th September 1977

scrapheap
psychic
20th century boy
carcass
love in a void
captain scarlet
make up to break up
[banter]
helter skelter

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd go for the 11th July 1977, I've had it on cassette since the late 80's, I wasn't even aware it'd circulated as a different date.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My copy of the Vortex gig is 7.11.77 as well.
I also have the Leeds 11.10.77, Chalk Farmhouse 12.11.77 and
Roxy 3.26.77 gigs too.
I AKJ... I can't speak for anybody else, but i've got those 3 '77 shows you mentioned, but perhaps someone else might be after them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts