Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at this home recording thing...I actually posted this song a week or two ago(only my second attempt at recording),but I had some serrious sound issues,soo...I broke down and bought a V-amp-2 and thought I'de give this tune another try.......I know there are alot better players on this site, but what do ya'll think of the sound quality on my third attempt to record and first try with the Vamp ???

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
anybody???? i'm not lookin for someone to say"your awsome" or "a great player" cuz i know i'm not......i'm just lookin for some feedback on the sound quality,my first 2 attempts at home recording came out sounding like crap....aside from my playing, i thought it came out ok....i'm just tryin to twek my setup.....any one???

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounded damn good to me. Im kinda in the same situation as you. Ive been recording with a PC mic. and it was so nasty sounding. Im getting a Pod Xt next week so I will be able to record decent now too.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skydirt said:
Sounded damn good to me. Im kinda in the same situation as you. Ive been recording with a PC mic. and it was so nasty sounding. Im getting a Pod Xt next week so I will be able to record decent now too.
yeah, I tried to mic the amp, run direct into the sound card and a few other ways...nothing worked. I looked at the pod,but didnt have the funds to spare, so i ended up with the Vamp2.....seems to have worked

Thanks for the feedback ya'll

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Very nice!!!:icon_thum The sound quality was good!!! Tone was also very good!! The guitar work was pretty close to Gary's...only suggestion would be to watch the bends.

And Cincinnati's not hell...well, unless you're living in Norwood!!!!:icon_eek: LOL...I grew up in Norwood.I think Cincy is a gr8 town!!! Have a LaRosa's pizza for me...and some Montgomery Inn ribs...and some Skyline coneys........

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sgstd said:
And Cincinnati's not hell...well, unless you're living in Norwood!!!!:icon_eek: LOL...I grew up in Norwood.I think Cincy is a gr8 town!!! Have a LaRosa's pizza for me...and some Montgomery Inn ribs...and some Skyline coneys........
Cincy's not all that bad,but for someone who grew up in texas.....well lets just say.....that stuff that skyline calls chili.....i'm not sure what it is or why it's served on top of spaghetti, but it aint chili

Now I do gotta agree Montgomery Inn ribs do kick ass:icon_thum

I'm going home on friday for a week and all i plan to do is eat:icon_mrgr and jam with some old friends:woot:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Sky you did an amazing job!!...Love this tune!!!:icon_thum :D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I think it sounds fine!! A tad bit of clipping, but not really that bad at all. Nice feel on this!! Also, you have a pretty nice tone going there man!! Keep em comming bro!! :icon_thum

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx 3fingers and juan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts