Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that i have hopefully gotten your attention i need your help badly
Tomorrow is the day that i get a my new guitar :woot2: BUT,there is a problem. And it is between the RR5 and Alexi Laiho 600

RR5
Pros:neck through, fast neck,reliable
Cons:Rosewood fretboard,somewhat cheap electronics

Alexi
Pros:Ebony Fret board,cutaway,higher quality hardware, neck through
cons: floyd rose can be a pain in the ass but this is and original floyd so you never know

Alot of people say the Alexi is overpriced but i feel its a very good guitar same with the RR5 any suggestions for guitars around the same price that would probably be a better buy would be greatly appreciated. I'am looking for a proffesional grade guitar and really do not like Gibsons and own a Fender, i also tried the KB sig which many suggest and i personally think it is not a good guitar and doesnt suit my playing well.

I'am also sorry for any false excitment i may have caused:crap:

·
Registered
211 Posts
thats ok, i knew it was bunk as soon as i finished reading S-L-A-S-H and got to Z-A-K-K....it would never happen...

anyway...on the Alexi, would you use the trem? cause if not, then don't get it...it'll just cause you grief...

and the PRS...depending on price difference between these two, if its going to be closer to what you want, buy it and replace the electronics...

anyway, my .02 USD

·
Registered
278 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
I don't find your game any fun.

You will get no advice from me because of that attitude.

I'm sure you can live without my opinion anyway...
:shame: Jeez lighten up?
Personally if your not the type of player to use a Floyd rose, or wammy of any type I wouldn't bother with it, I don't use 'em myself and on the occasions when I have I find I just struggle with the damn things, even simple things like doing a 'compound' bend, or country style bends in a solo just suck, unless you compensate by pushing down on the bridge to counteract the floyd rose raising and making everything sound flat, or sharp, if you push to heavily, but then again I am a Gibson player!!
Of course if you have the technique down and use a wammy, then go for it!! :biggthump

·
Shredding it up!!!
1,181 Posts
Speaking as a whammy user I'd say get the Alexi and because im a big fan of COB. However like saul said if your not a whammy bar user you'd probably want to consider the RR5. It doesnt take much getting used to the bending element saul was talking about with the floyd, but it does take getting used to.

At the end of the day like irongolem85 mentioned if your not going to use the floyd then dont bother with it 'cause it will just cause you problems!! Hope this helps.:thumb:

·
Registered
278 Posts
satchsquatch said:
Speaking as a whammy user I'd say get the Alexi and because im a big fan of COB. However like saul said if your not a whammy bar user you'd probably want to consider the RR5. It doesnt take much getting used to the bending element saul was talking about with the floyd, but it does take getting used to.

At the end of the day like irongolem85 mentioned if your not going to use the floyd then dont bother with it 'cause it will just cause you problems!! Hope this helps.:thumb:
:thumb: That's ma boy!!:biggthump

·
Registered
211 Posts
JeffHanneman said:
You know the funny thing? Before Dimebag died, he was going to do a "G3" type tour with Kerry King and Zakk Wylde.
ack..i know..it makes me so very sad...:cry:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JeffHanneman said:
You know the funny thing? Before Dimebag died, he was going to do a "G3" type tour with Kerry King and Zakk Wylde.
Yeah they were going to call it the bermuda triangle tour or something like that, anyway i got my new guitar today and it is the ...... Dean cowboy from hell, greatest guitar ive ever picked up in my life i love it death.Thanks to everyone who commented and helped out,and this thing makes the RR5 seem like a joke its got a: full mahogany body neck (neck through),rosewood fretboard with bound neck,bill lawerence xl500 in the bridge,seymour duncan 59 in the neck,floyd which is a really great tool shit load of fun,haha,grover tuners. Not to mention for 20 dollars sam ash gave me a 2 year long deal where i can go in and get the guitar repaired,set up,etc. anytime i want. It doesnt really need it though because everything was perfect but its always nice to have. I reccomend this guitar 100% its everything i could have asked for.

·
Registered
211 Posts
PEANUT said:
Yeah they were going to call it the bermuda triangle tour or something like that, anyway i got my new guitar today and it is the ...... Dean cowboy from hell, greatest guitar ive ever picked up in my life i love it death.Thanks to everyone who commented and helped out,and this thing makes the RR5 seem like a joke its got a: full mahogany body neck (neck through),rosewood fretboard with bound neck,bill lawerence xl500 in the bridge,seymour duncan 59 in the neck,floyd which is a really great tool shit load of fun,haha,grover tuners. Not to mention for 20 dollars sam ash gave me a 2 year long deal where i can go in and get the guitar repaired,set up,etc. anytime i want. It doesnt really need it though because everything was perfect but its always nice to have. I reccomend this guitar 100% its everything i could have asked for.
i thought the Dean From Hell/CFH replica had a set neck...and a dean neck pickup...

was it used? whether it was or not, how much did this slice o' fried gold set ya back?

oh, and did you get to try any of the other Dimebag ML's, or Razorbacks?! just wondering how the Dimebucker compared to the Lawerence xl500 p/u's....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
irongolem85 said:
i thought the Dean From Hell/CFH replica had a set neck...and a dean neck pickup...

was it used? whether it was or not, how much did this slice o' fried gold set ya back?

oh, and did you get to try any of the other Dimebag ML's, or Razorbacks?! just wondering how the Dimebucker compared to the Lawerence xl500 p/u's....
It maybe a set neck or neck through ive learned not to trust the salesmen at these more corporate guitar stores,but it is a 59 in the neck,well it was going for around 1,100(new) but we got it down to around 950 with case. And yes I tried the ML tribute,dime-o-flame,the two tone,the bumble slime i think its called. Anyway there is a reason i chose this one because it just played and sounded the best out of all of them,and the Dimebucker is worlds away from the Lawerence,its just a factory made imitation,comparing the 2 is like comparing a low end LTD to a top of the line ESP.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yea, i got ya on the damn salesmen...tis cool that you got a sick axe though, thnx for all the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.