Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash was left devastated after his trademark top hat was stolen at this month's Grammy Awards.

The former Guns N' Roses rocker had worn the same headgear for 15 years, but is now looking for a replacement after the hat was taken from the back of the band's limousine.

A source says, "Slash was livid. There's no amount of money that can replace it."

·
Registered
425 Posts
I can't imagine a life where having a top hat stolen would make me "livid"
haha :toothless :laugh:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i think i've found the thief...no...not jimmy carter..the guy next to him.. :wtf:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
What a bastard , whoever did it , i don't care what anyone says 15 years is a bloody long time , i'd be very angry indeed

·
Registered
733 Posts
there aint nothing in the world worse than a thief. :mad: 20 bucks says it shows up on ebay within 24 hours. :thumbsdow

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Slash Gets Help From TV Show to Locate Top Hat

Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has asked a TV show to help him recover his trademark top hat, which was recently stolen from his limousine.

The former Guns N' Roses rocker was devastated when he learned the hat had been stolen at the Grammy Awards. His wife Perla also had some of her personal items taken.

And now the British-born star is urging anybody with information on the whereabouts of the stolen property to contact the TV show Celebrity Justice as soon as possible.

Slash, real name Saul Hudson, had worn the same hat for 15 years before it was taken.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
well..i hope he gets it back...it's a bit of an icon...his trademark...he probably wants to give it to his children..or the rock and roll hall of fame...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
mickey_g107 said:
i saw him live and he wore a top hat and when i saw it i said, that doesn't look like the old top hat, it looked too new and black
hmmm....can you say..."publicity stunt"...???... :sssh:

·
Another Broke Guitarist
2,040 Posts
I bet it was Axl that did it cause he was mad about the stalling of the album and the success of velvet revolver...:coolugh:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I too don't think he's only worn one top hat, but I don't think that's the point. The top hat is a part of Slash's image - a part of Slash himself. It's one way to distinguish him from every other great guitarist out there. When someone says top hat, the first thing that comes to mind is Slash. OK the first thing that comes to mind is a guiy wearing a top hat. BUT THE SECOND THING THAT COMES TO MIND IS SLASH! Hold on, what's a guy that wears a top hat called? You know just for future reference. "Tophatters?","Hattops?","Taphops?"(K now I'm just gettin' stupid). Wait what are we talking about again?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts