Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was built around a chord progression that I stumbled on and wasn't able to get out of my head. After a simple demo a long time ago, I came back to it and tried to do a more complex arrangement.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words my six-stringed brethern! :D

This song is sort of the antithesis to another song I posted (Euphony), which is centered around a very overdriven lead guitar part. On this song, I was really going for a full-bodied clean sound, but playing this clean exposes a lot of flaws in technique and execution. Had to do a lot of overdubs and punch-ins. :doh:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice song!!!!!!!!
i really love that warm clean tone.. great melodies!
i love the decorative percussions in the beginning.. and the strings...
Great Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I agree too. Nice clean tone. I don't know why but it reminded me of Dire Straits. Nice melodies and great playing.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate all the encouraging comments. I'm not a flashy, shredding type of player, so all the replies mean a lot coming from such a talented community. Thanks much!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
very controlled and well thought out mate. I really enjoyed this and some of the tones were really cool. where did you get the sitar sound??

·
Banned
156 Posts
Im not going to try to answer for him - but heres how i think is an easy way to get a sitar sound: boost the shit out of high mids.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for listening and thanks for the question. The sitar (and all the guitar parts exc. bass) were recorded on a Line 6 Variax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts