Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, a full song. Its from a Rubina backing track, and my part is very 'Slow Hand/Gilmour'. I like how it turned out, sometimes i play over the levels, but for the sound I got its fine for me. The tone is fuzz, but very gentle, with a wah pedal on and in the on position. To make the balance I turned the guitar pickups pretty much off, with little gain. Enjoy, its long but finally a full jam track. Feed back would be cool.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey I love your tone! I look for the same type of sound in what i like to play. Great moody stuff! Enjoyed listening to it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice song, I can hear the Gilmour influence in this piece. Nice job.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice job JMH.....I would have to agree that there is some Gilmour influence in there. Very nice piece to listen to.....again....well done....:thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
JMH I like your style. Very nice playing, man...just love your phrasing and tone!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Thanks guys, the tone is very basic, I wish I could achieve some of the sweet bright solo tones on some of the other tracks out here. I think Im limited to the quiet, smooth tones with my basic equipment and home computer recording ability. Anyways, thanks.....

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Good job on the song. I really liked the backing track a lot too, it fits your style well and sounds like a good to jam along to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts