Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here it is - a new cover I did. I know, I know - its a dead easy song, and Cobain gets criticized for cheapening rock in the 90s etc etc etc. But it was fun to do - and I think you may even like the little twist that I added to it to spice it up. (Plus its way heavier.....)
Here it is:

Smells Like Teen Spirit Rj Style

Enjoy!

Rj

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thx everyone - glad you liked the cover. I am not a HUGE fan of Nirvana myself, but there are a few choice tunes they did that I really like, and this is one of them. Who says a song must be technically difficult to be good right? There are so many songs that are dead easy, and yet rock the house. For instance Neil Young's solo in Cinnamon Girl - just one note repeated over and over - yet it's PERFECT for that song / setting.

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed the tune!

Rock On!

Rj

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrmoe said:
That was great, enjoyed it, Nirvana rocked, dont let anyone tell ya otherwise.
Thx MrMoe! Look like this was your first post, so I guess you must be new here. Welcome aboard. I look forward to hearing any jams you may do inthe future!

Rj

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Karkki said:
It took quite a long time to get this one downloaded, but it was worth the wait. Superb!
Thx for the feedback! Sorry about the extended download times. I have these tunes on my own server here, and even though I have cable modem its capped at 256k, so if more than just a couple of ppl are downloading at once things get kinda slow. :(

Catch ya around the forum!

Rj

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JiggZ said:
Very heavy sound, big guitars, great singer... You are the singer maybe?
Hey JiggZ! Thx for the comments! I was going after a heavey big guitar sound - guess I found it! :) As for the singer - nope - not me! I don't know who it is - The singer came along with the bass and drums on a backing track I found somewhere (maybe here at guitars101 -I dont remember) I wish I could sing that well, but alas, no. I'll stick to the six strings I think! :)

Lata!

Rj

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sling Shot said:
REALLY Great Job! yes very HEAVY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Slingshot! I checked out your rendition of Yesterday - very nice and mellow! Quite the opposite of my heavey ass rendition of SLTS! yet nice and refreshing none the less! You don't hear a lot of that sort of stuff here - keep it up!

Rj

G

·
rjfoster said:
Thx everyone - glad you liked the cover. I am not a HUGE fan of Nirvana myself, but there are a few choice tunes they did that I really like, and this is one of them. Who says a song must be technically difficult to be good right? There are so many songs that are dead easy, and yet rock the house. For instance Neil Young's solo in Cinnamon Girl - just one note repeated over and over - yet it's PERFECT for that song / setting.

Anyway, glad you all enjoyed the tune!

Rock On!

Rj
hey dude cover these Nirvana songs
Scentless Apprentice
Anorexcorist
Token Eastern Song

And other songs that arent Nirvana but still rock are:
Super Mario Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mtvsucksbecause said:
hey dude cover these Nirvana songs
Scentless Apprentice
Anorexcorist
Token Eastern Song

And other songs that arent Nirvana but still rock are:
Super Mario Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine!
Do you have any good backing tracks for those tunes? I would love to do some covers if I can get the backings for them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
great job your vocals really carry this song :thumb: although the guitar is great too.a good mix too :rock:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts