Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my (rough) cover of Blood and Roses, by Smithereens, one of the most unappreciated bands of the 80s-90s. (I posted the BT a couple of days ago.)

I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm no singer, so...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
dont know the song or the band,but hearing it for the first time,i think its a great rendition sounds good to me

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great, awesome job!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Smithereens were great. I always thought they were a cross between Cheep Trick and AC/DC. Very melodic well crafted songs with some serious crunching guitar.

Highlight Songs:
Blood & Roses
Girl Like You
Yestersday Gir

"Blown To Smithereens"l is their greatest hits but Smithereens 11 is a great album.

Anybody remember the Meat Puppetts ? Another great band from the era.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You say true Mr Speed! [Sorry, had to throw in a Dark Towerism there] Only A Memory is another one I really liked by the Smithereens. They didn't overpopulate the airwaves so I never got tired of them.
Good job on the cover Storm. Don't be shy about singing,..look forward to hearing more from you.
Draegon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Storm, I dig your vocals. Whoa, that tune takes me back! Haven't heard it since it was big. Remember The Replacements, Green on Red, Jesus and Mary Chain, Husker Du, etc.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.