Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a roll this week!!! lol I wanted to do this song with just the backing track, one guitar and in one take. I tried yesterday and fat fingered it so I tried again today and liked it better. Amazing what a confidence builder alcohol is!!
Wanted it to have that live version feel, mistakes and all! Thanks for listening!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was AWESOME!!!!!! Great Tone and great playing, awesome job!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Awesome!! Nailed!! Wish it was a bit louder, but I can boost it up on this end....smokin stuff!!! I was singing along to it as it played..!

G

·
Nice playing. This is a great song. I'm gonna post a couple my self in a near future. I have one up allready. What kind of amp are you playing?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Holy hell yea!! Thanks folks!
Feels great when other players like what you created (copied). lol It's just a Wolfgang and POD 2.0 straight into my Fostex 8-track dude. Keep it simple right? lol Thanks again

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Sweet as hell this post! Yea, a lilttle nip of wine between takes can really do the trick sometimes. Your playing was relaxed, unforced and swingin' big time. You really get IT, yet some people don't (yet they get over 960 hits)

Anyway, I really dig this post

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
El_jalepeno said:
[ QUOTE ]
strat78 said:
...some people don't (yet they get over 960 hits)

[/ QUOTE ]
This topic recently came up in the Mods Forum as well

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank EJ for the acknowledgment of this....Its truly unbelievable to me the tolerance and patience that has been given to this fellow in light of what he is doing. It just shows what a civilized site this is.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you folks liked it!!
Jalepeno, you asked about the guitar being noisey, I believe I accidently hit noise gate on my POD which turns it off when I was going for the tuner button, dumbass! lol Yea AXE, I looked to make sure no had done this one before even though it doesn't really matter, just curious. Would love to have some more obscure Van Halen like Sinners Swing, Dirty Movies, and Light up the Sky etc....... Maybe Girl Gone Bad next, anyone have a request?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[ QUOTE ]
strat78 said:
Sweet as hell this post! Yea, a lilttle nip of wine between takes can really do the trick sometimes. Your playing was relaxed, unforced and swingin' big time. You really get IT, yet some people don't (yet they get over 960 hits)

Anyway, I really dig this post

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!!!!! I think I know what post your talking about bro. Don't know what to say about that one man.
I don't post on threads like that to be honest when someone is kinda big headed sounding so to speak.
Thanks for the kind comments!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love that feel man!!
Love that slight loose way of playing..makes it soar in my ears...masterly!!

Downloaded it as well....hehe

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Rid said:
BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love that feel man!!
Love that slight loose way of playing..makes it soar in my ears...masterly!!

Downloaded it as well....hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit bro!! Thank you so much for the great comments. I really like the "Love that slight loose way of playing..makes it soar in my ears" comment.
Loose is the way I like to play! Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
"Sinners Swing" Yeah!!!!

P.S. Just do your recordings during cocktail hour, that way no one can ever give you shit. My grandpa is 99 years old and he has had his cocktail's (2) in the evening for fifty years.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
^Hehe he is 99 and is still having cocktails

Ah you are welcome COLDGIN5150....everybody is so stiff sounding these days..technique technique, yeah it takes some, but that loose but musical way of playing is rare, so I dig it when I hear it

And there is a few here who's got that feel I like.
This place is great, occupied by real people...
Well mostly

1 - 20 of 38 Posts