Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Software for slowing down Mp3\'s???

Does anyone know of any good free programs for slowing down Mp3's. I've found some but they are like 29.99 to buy. Maybe it's worth it.

Has anyone used one of these programs?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Re: Software for slowing down Mp3\'s???

If you do decide to spend the extra cash and get a good one, I highly recommend Amazing Slow Downer ! It's an awesome program.

Here's 3 great selling points...

- You can slow down or speed up the songs without changing the pitch. Perfect for transcribing songs

- You can loop a part and have it increase in speed each time it plays through. Great for learning those tough fast solos

- Here's something I do alot....change the pitch of a tune to match the tuning of my guitar. Huh??? Got a Floyd Rose in standard tuning?
Somebody just post a cool backing that tuned to E flat! It's a bitch to retune for something down a half step isn't it
Well, here's a solution! All I do is load the backing in ASD and increase the pitch to match my guitar. Works like a charm, and you can save the end result to a new file so you have a new backing in the tuning you want!!

·
Registered
400 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
ricklepotamous said:
i use chronotron it works with winamp version 2 is free.
also if you use nero to burn your cd's you could try nero wave editor that is good for single songs

[/ QUOTE ]

same, chronotron rules
, though mines disappeared for some reason

·
Registered
400 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
ricklepotamous said:
thats funny so has mine, if i find it i'll pm yah and send it ok

[/ QUOTE ]
excellent!
i did try to re-install it from the website, but either version i download it still doesn't work lol, i think there's a mix up of winamp versions or something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.