Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,

I am in the market for a good high-gain amp and have been interested in Soldano SLO100, HR 50 and Avenger. I don't need any clean tone on this one so I'm considering the Avenger strongly. I am going to try it tomorrow. I'd like opinions for Soldano and other high-gain amps. Please reply.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Soldano Hot Rod 100 plus, it's amazing you can go wrong with a Soldano.
The only thing I hate is that everybody tells me how good their tech support is, but sent them lots of emails, and never had a reply.
My soldno don't have the xl mod and since I'm in Argentina I can't send the amp to them, anyway lot of people get the schematic from them and the list of parts to do it, but I had no luck, nothing, not an answer.
Long ago, I had a Yamaha Soldano, and the also never get back to my emails, really sucks, maybe people in the USA can make easily a phone call and get support, but I'm not sure if I would buy from Soldano again, lots of options like vht, bogner, diezel, etc (if you have the cash)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man, sorry you've had such bad luck with Soldano responding to your emails. They haven't responded to mine either.

:D I have talked with them several times on the phone and they've always been helpful.

Great amps! I am really digging the Avenger.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Had an SLO-100. Had to sell 5yrs. ago to keep 'heat' on. Love or hate. Great high gain, although it has high-end sizzle that's made for metal. Sounded best with KT-88 tubes. I thought about buying a new one, paid 1960.00 for 1991 model, now tack-on 2,000 bucks more?? I'd rather hunt down a Marshall SL-X which sounds similar

Peace and Love, FormulaET

·
Registered
500 Posts
Killer!!!

Another cool option is maybe getting a Peavey Triple XXX or A JSX. Both are awesome. If you can find an original run 5150, that is a great amp too. :rock: Lots of low end, vicious mids, and the highs are "shiny". That's how I hear it, anyway. I listen to heavy stuff and this amp is killer for that. :rock: :jam: :devilchil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts