Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello people,
again, I'm looking for solo guitarist :) This time it's a cover, Metallica's Whiplash... So if you want to collaborate, you better be quick :jam:
I would appreciate it if someone wound find the time to do this for me.

Laters,

-C-

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
if ya wanna run the solo by me to lend an extra ear etc.. more than happy to :)

if its going sucky, break it down into manageable sections, ya dont have to play it all the way thru seeing as its being recorded ;)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
crematia said:
Hello people,
again, I'm looking for solo guitarist :) This time it's a cover, Metallica's Whiplash... -
You know what I do with covers? I play whatever I want. Usually it isn't what the original player did. Sometimes a solo is worth studying and I will learn it to gleam info from it; it is a good way to learn new things. But to play covers I just work out the backing and decide what key(s) I will be in. If there is some part of the original solo that is particularly memerable I might mimick it, but besides that I just play MY stuff.

It can be interesting to play as close to the original as possible, but also think about the fact that it isn't necissary to do so. You can just go off on your own thing. In fact in some cases the audience will appreciate that you did your stuff instead of butchering the original solo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nroberts said:
You know what I do with covers? I play whatever I want. Usually it isn't what the original player did. Sometimes a solo is worth studying and I will learn it to gleam info from it; it is a good way to learn new things. But to play covers I just work out the backing and decide what key(s) I will be in. If there is some part of the original solo that is particularly memerable I might mimick it, but besides that I just play MY stuff.

It can be interesting to play as close to the original as possible, but also think about the fact that it isn't necissary to do so. You can just go off on your own thing. In fact in some cases the audience will appreciate that you did your stuff instead of butchering the original solo.
That's most certainly true. But beeing as lousy solo player as I, makes it kinda hard :/
But I can break it apart, and see what comes out. Never ever played this solo, so takes a while :p
Thanks for the tips, I really should take up solo playing, just seems I never get around to learn scales and so on...Been putting it off for..what..hmm..allmost 20 years :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dude,
If you need any lead or rhythm tracks for this still, let me know. I've been playing for 20+ yrs, done my time so to speak with the biz, and damn near anything KH does is no real challenge...so I'd be happy to lay the tracks down for you. Just send me what you already have. Keep rockin!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dino334 said:
Dude,
If you need any lead or rhythm tracks for this still, let me know. I've been playing for 20+ yrs, done my time so to speak with the biz, and damn near anything KH does is no real challenge...so I'd be happy to lay the tracks down for you. Just send me what you already have. Keep rockin!
Holy crap...could this be true...You are just the man I've been looking for :) I'll PM you :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kain Thornn said:
If ya send me an MP3 of the rythms and drums, I'll send ya sumpin back in about a week...

And it will be Krk-like, so it will preserve the original feel. :bannana_g
And you'll get it too.
I have many tunes waiting for solo's, varying music styles, so please please let me know if you guys want more :)
Thanks,
-C-

·
Registered
245 Posts
crematia said:
And you'll get it too.
I have many tunes waiting for solo's, varying music styles, so please please let me know if you guys want more :)
Thanks,
-C-
Got it in me mail this mornin. It'll take about a week to configure, convert, resample, overdub, normalize, deep fry, change the oil, rotate the tires, wash n wax, and send back... :wtf:

Is this in D?

·
Registered
470 Posts
crematia said:
Umm..Didn't want to start another thread for this, so here goes:
Any Agnus' here :) ? Would have Sin city ready w/o solo...Let me know.
Do you want a note for note Angus solo or an improv over the track? I'd be happy to knock a solo together for ya. Lemme know. :afro:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.