Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im going to join Weekend Warriors sometime soon. Im also trying to help develop my soloing technique. I have speed mechanics for lead guitar and have devoted most of my playing to practicing in that book. Im getting a little bored with it and wondered if you guys know any sweet hair metal solos or easy solos that i could try?

·
Registered
264 Posts
one of the first solo's i learned was the Crazy Train solo, not exactly easy but a good solo to learn! Also you could try the 2nd solo from Mr. Crowley, it has many techniques that will serve you in the future in it :). Also you may want to look into the following:
Aint Talkin bout Love solo (Van Halen)
Goodbye to Romance solo (Ozzy)
Dont Fear the Reaper solo (blue oyster Cult)
Bohemian Rhapsody solo (queen)
Nobody's Fool Solo (Cinderella)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Figure out some live Eddie - U.S festival 1983

Or how about hangar18 from megadeth, theres a bunch of leads in that song, some of them are mediocre(mustaines) but friedman's are good.

there is tons of options.. Alot of the Rhoades stuff is great to learn. Randy Rhoades was a great composer of parts, his leads were very musical, he just wast developed as a great player yet, his tone and vibrato were off alot in his leads.

Or grab some Satriani Stuff and let her rip.. I'm a HUGE EVH freak but lately i've been jamming Satch Boogie and Mystical Potatoe Head .. Those are great grooves from Satch.

Good luck

·
Registered
156 Posts
Easy solos as far as notes and quick to learn, but to get the feel is another thing.

What I would suggest

Def Leppard - Photograph, Rock of Ages, Bringing on the Heart Break
Dokken - Just Got Lucky, Alone Again, Breaking the Chains
Beatles - Something, Octopus' Garden
GnR - Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine
Any Tom Keither Solo in Cinderella - Night Songs, Bad Semstress Blues, Gypsy Road
Alice in Chains - Rooster, No Excuses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.