Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Backing Track for this one is the original Halen version with Eddie's channel removed and then converted back to a stereo mix, this method works for Halen I and Halen II album tracks, effectively giving you the opportunity to jam with Van Halen!! I also time stretched the track up a half step from the key of Ab to the key of A, to save me fucking around with my (concert pitch) Floyd Rose setup.
I recorded this track with my Ibanez Radius into an MXR Phase 90 then into a Marshall 15 Watt practise amp with a PZM mic on the speaker.
If anyone wants a backing track created using this method let me know and I'll supply it.
Thanx for listening.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Awesome!

You did a great job with this!!!! Excellent!!! You nailed the feel and timing. I would love a backing like this of any VH 1 or VH 2 song. Would be really exciting to play with DLR on vox!!! Please send me one.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Sadge, you are one fine guitar player/self-producer. Consider me a fan of your talent! It was very easy to forget it wasn't Eddie in this recording, with the one exception that I think you may have modestly mixed yourself a little low in volume. Everything else about it was fantastic. You and Strat78 can really play like Eddie. Post more when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
SICK!!!!!!!! Total command on that solo! This is inspiring! (A thing I figured out for the solo lead-in is that Ed hammers down that C chord with his left hand index finger, so he has more time to reach for the volume knob to do those fade ins).
Not only did you nail the song, but you captured that flair and sweet abandon that is infused in Ed's fingers. Loved this!:bowdown:

·
Registered
479 Posts
BRO....that...was fucking awsome :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: you kicked some major ass on this one :woot:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fckin killa, awesome job!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.