Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its not my favourite thats for sure...Maybe its a couple of people bidding it up in a pact to get their hands on the Harley...it is the only one Im aware of that Ed has played twice though..maybe he likes it & is bidding himself....hate these private auctions cant see whose bidding spoils the fun a bit

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Sorry I have to laugh when I see its in Corona Ca. Fenders hometown. The things the rich and famous will do to earn a few extra bucks. Anyone know what Ed's cut is on these?
VGb

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont think you can be too hard on Ed, in fact it really annoys me this Ed bashing about these guitars..I think its cool that he has given his fans a chance to own a guitar hand stripped by himself & played on stage with photos..the guitars come with certificate etc & they are really great feeling & sounding guitars...a lot of them have gone for what I consider sensible money ie around $10000 which is a good price I think, one I have certainly being prepared to pay...so back to the point if Ed has done 90 , 30 in each colour at say $10000each =$300,000 bucks total even if his share is 50% tehn he makes $150k....& that for stripping 90 guitars...when they are touring & making $100000 a gig..come off it, doesnt look like Ed is doing this for the money to me juts doesnt add up...So I wish everybody that doesnt want one or cant afford one stop knocking the great man....& if people want to pay $30000 for one thats their choice.....its not a bad price if it comes with the Harley is it

G

·
dumb and dumber

Guys:
You are players and obviously not collectors! I have guitars you have only seen in pictures (check out the photo gallery). Anyone heard of Barbara Page (Ed's personal manager) she wrote that #66 was an axe Ed intended to keep...it was played more than any other Charvel on the tour.
For those of you who have bought one of these stage used Charvels, keep them! Ten years from now it will be worth minimally 50 to 80K. The last Strat Hendrix played just sold for 4 Million and a Stevie Ray's Strat just sold for 450K...what do you think?
Signed,
the guy that bought it...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bl**dy good for you Mark....I do hope that the guitars do shoot up in value...I do play mine & it annoys me a bit that Ed signs them right where you rest your elbow. Anyway if you have the cash then spend it the way you want, whatever floats your boat & whatever you think might be an investment. It irritates me when I read people slagging off things like this I mean comments like Dumb arent really needed are they?, if you can afford to splash big dollars on guitars you have obviously done something right to hav ethe money to spend in the first place so well done to you....in the words of wall street Greed is good!!! ignore the knockers:woot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.