Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, new idea. We'll write something together. Not exactly a jam, but a collaboration. End result: a real song that has been worked out, worked on, worked over, and worked in. Anyone can hop in. Maybe the song will diverge, maybe it won't. We'll post edits and additions and discuss them.

Unlike the pass the ball thing, we are not working blind here. Everything is up on the table, keys, chords, alterations, etc... Not everyone can read or edit music...provide what you can. We will work with each other on this.

So I will post something of mine that could amount to something but hasn't yet. I am pretty stuck on where to go with this but like it a lot. So instead of just tossing it we'll see if it can amount to something here. We can use it or not.

Everything will be considered PD so keep that in mind when you participate. If you find that objectionable then don't add your parts; you can still participate in discussion.

Ok, what I am doing here:

open E string, D5, CM (only strumming d, g, and b strings), and then hitting G at E3 before starting again. Then I climb up to F#, barre, and play the same pattern. Comming down is A, G, E. If we need more than that I will provide.

Here is the bit:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I have no idea how you are going to pull this off.....but it should be fun to watch. The way I have done collabs in the past is I'll get a basic drum track going....play 4 or 5 different passages over it then thow to over to the guy writing the vocals. Then he/she replies back which parts they hear as a verse, chorus, bridge, etc. and we start to work it up from there. We usually change lenghts of parts, and maybe some chord structures, then finally at the end I'll add leads, intro's and come up with an ending.

This sounds like an interesting project nroberts..... it should be fun to see it shape up....just not sure how you are going to get this plane off the ground from this track.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VHfanOU812 said:
just not sure how you are going to get this plane off the ground from this track.
Gonna take more than just me to get this off the ground. That is the whole point.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smokindog said:
sent you a few ideas (2 e-mails) very rough but you can get the idea :jot: :icon_peac -the dog
Go ahead and post here too. You can put in low fi to save space since we are just tossing ideas in right now. I do like your ideas; it sounds like there is some good verse material in there.

But post here so the whole forum can be involved if they choose to be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Go to my dogsratch site ( it a musical scratch pad of sorts) www.soundclick.com/dogscratch -- i added a bridge and a bit of a verse or chorus ( take your pick) --the dog

ps i a'm having trouble converting to lo-fi mp3 files, i seem to be only able to do 128kbs. I used to use the soundblaster wav editer on my old pc but i don't have that any more :dunno: i use audacity with the lame encoder, but don't know how to change kbs sitting. :wutblau: :drunk:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smokindog said:
Go to my dogsratch site ( it a musical scratch pad of sorts) www.soundclick.com/dogscratch -- i added a bridge and a bit of a verse or chorus ( take your pick) --the dog

ps i a'm having trouble converting to lo-fi mp3 files, i seem to be only able to do 128kbs. I used to use the soundblaster wav editer on my old pc but i don't have that any more :dunno: i use audacity with the lame encoder, but don't know how to change kbs sitting. :wutblau: :drunk:
Heh, I only know how to use lame from command line... -b64 does it for me. Seems to me like it is in there somewhere though...I'll have to look and see if I can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts