Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I locked the other post so the future comments could go here. I didn't want to delete it as TJ's comments would go away.

Now..after a proper listen...I must say, this has to be THE toughest Robert Plant vocals he has sung. You did great on this!! Sounded very much like him!!! BluesPlayer also did awesome!! Just like the album!! I admire how well you both work together!! Loved the listen!! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
That was great you guys!
I always enjoy listening to your tracks.
Sort of inspiring me to get my wife singing......

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I concur - but my wife just wants to laugh at my playing.

This rocks. I think I have just given myself brain damage head banging

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I was just listening to this in the car before

Oh hell yeah this is the balls marie, babe! Kick ass!!! You guys have gone over the top

Guitar work sounds like you dragged Page's ass over to record and the vocals on right on the money linda!!!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
damn you guys kicked ass on this.. bluesy you did outstanding, i thought this was a zep backing.. and linda great vox.. you 2 kill on these zep tunes

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
A+ work..both superb!!!!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou guys!!. for your replies i found this a very hard song and i tried my best,.....as you know Plants phrasing is rock,.......... but i had to have a go at it...... And a big thanks to art for doing the backing track for me

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just had to listen, for two reasons: 1.) You've been very supportive of my little noodlings, and 2.) this is one of my all-time favorite Zep tracks.

I am stunned, to say the least. Both the vox and the guitars are flawless and inspired. They both really illustrate what Page & Plant were trying to say. It really brings this great tune back to life. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm keeping this one!

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhh ty linda and hubbie ! Excellent work ! Killer guitar work . Great job singin linda !

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
awesome! I'm not familiar with this track as I was never a big Zep fan until much later but God, you got that vintage twang on this again Art! It has a real 70's swagger to it and the vocals are superb...think this is the closest one I've heard Linda. Excellent stuff both of ya.

·
Registered
227 Posts
man,...this is bad ass.....the singing is great and the guitar work is well page for sure!! Did you get him to do this and how much was it!! LOL......No really great job to all.

Bulletman

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Good lord!!!!
This is awesome!!! Linda, your vocals were just terrific...and BP, you are a master of nailing the origional's tones!!! Gr8 playing!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts