Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i been playing a stones tune called "can't you hear me knockin".... i love that beginning riff... but its in open G tuning... kinda a bummer tuning back and forth all the time....

anyways while i got my guitar in open G tuning, anyone know cool tunes i can learn in G tuning???

i attached the bad ass intro riff....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I experiment every so often with alternate tunings, although I'm never sure what the official tuning name is. I like making up my own chords and try to build some interesting progressions. With the different tunings, the open strings create really nice harmonics and overtones. If you can't find any songs, just play around on your own and see what happens. Post your results if you come up with something cool.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Brown Sugar, and the slide to Love in Vain off the top of my head, Keef did a ton of songs with his 5 string open G teles (no low E string), also listen to some old Delta blues, you'll find lots of neat licks and songs in open G, plus you'll hear a lot of where Mick and Keith got their inspiration and downright plagarism for a lot of their early stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts