Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently read podgods tutorial on synthfonts and soundfonts and used the program to do the drums and bass for this one.
It's 5 o clock in the morning here now and I've been playing guitar and fooling around with synthfonts all night.
This is what came out of it.
There are a lot of things that should be redone, but I'm a bit lazy, so I probably wont do it. Or I'll do it in a few days/weeks/months. Who knows?
But I thought I'd post this anyway, since I havent heard any covers of this one here.
Whaddaya think of the guitar sounds btw? The one panned left is a Judas Priest tone I downloaded to guitar port and the right one is a hard rock/metal sound I use every now and then.
The solo sound is my usual dist/delay solo sound.

Oh well, enough stalling! Here it is:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
you're in for surprise...you're in for a shock...!!!...great version...it's awesome... :icon_thum

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
yeah this is so heavy , very powerfull , love the sound of the Guitars , but i also like the Kit sound , what are they ? , the solo really spot on . but hey you forgot to sing it :crazy: !, only kidding , this is superb dude had me headbanging .....:jam:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great job on a Priest tune, Naifuzan! I like what you did with it....great guitar work! I enjoyed listening to it! Thanks for sharing.
Mare

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
cool stuff :)
your gonna spark off a wave of priest tunes now ;)

synthfont drums & bass
i dld bout 20 different drum kits (mostly from hammersounds) and use about 5/6 of those, ive found some good results with doubling up the drums but saving each track with a different kit, it doesnt work for all but it does give the drums a slightly deeper sound once ya get a few reasonable kits sorted, I apply live reverb to one set only and blend both the kit tracks in with a volume envelope

bass ive found the nsj bass to be the one i use the most (soft setting)
sometimes adding compression to the bass and 1 drum kit too helps to boost the bt

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bluesplayer said:
the solo really spot on . but hey you forgot to sing it :crazy:
I was a bit doubtful of the solo, but if you say its spot on I'll have to be happy with it :icon_cool
I guess the lack of halfords scream during the end of the solo does alot of the difference.
But hey, I have a cold! :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Great to hear an old Priest tune. Excellent version Naifuzan.
Didn't miss the vocals cos I sang every word along with it!!!

"You'll soon shake with fear.................. Never knowing if I'm near" lol lol

Great guitar tone and great sounding rhythm section. Great Job :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Sounded gr8, bro...although I don't know the song!!!! Very tight!!!:jam: Exlnt job with the backing as well!!!!:bowdown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts