Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

I just found this demo i made waaaaay back in the late 80's. It brought back alot of good memories of those days. When i listened to it i got a laugh out of how much music has changed over the years. It's a tad on the commercial cheesy side of things
but i figured i would just post it for fun. I used my 70 Super lead for this one. Enjoy!

80's Demo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,633 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Man there's nothing cheesy at all about that.That was great bro! Well written and arranged and could have easily been a hit song back then! The 80's were a different time and era and I still LOVE that style of music whether its Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Priest or even stuff like XYZ, Slaughter, etc............I have an old high school friend and ex-bandmate that would love your song. If you don't mind I'd like to send it to him.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Hey thanks bro. Glad you liked it. Not a problem at all if you want to send it to your friends. Let me know what they thought of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,633 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

If you have anymore like that one I'd like to hear them. I'll always listen to good old 80's progressive metal whether its heavy or pop metal. Your song had all the good elements for a popular song in my opinion


I have original band stuff on cassette tapes from the 80's that are in the same style bro.
 

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Ah VHoholic....man you have tons of goodies.
As said at other places...cheesy but awesome!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
If you have anymore like that one I'd like to hear them. I'll always listen to good old 80's progressive metal whether its heavy or pop metal. Your song had all the good elements for a popular song in my opinion


I have original band stuff on cassette tapes from the 80's that are in the same style bro.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have some more that i have to get onto my computer. Once i do i'll post them. I'd like to hear your stuff. If you can load them onto your pc post them or maybe send them through e-mail if you can. I'm always up for hearing new stuff. Thanks again man.

[ QUOTE ]
Rid said:
Ah VHoholic....man you have tons of goodies.
As said at other places...cheesy but awesome!


[/ QUOTE ]
Rid! Thanks bro.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,555 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

yeah nothing cheesy ab out that at all.....maybe some badassness cheese man!!!! I loved the whole thing....brought back memories!!! GREAT job
 

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

And trust me Mike...he does VH even more badass!!!
(we all think he is Eddie anyways
)
And he has a onetubewonder Marshall

 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
Mike4beka said:
yeah nothing cheesy ab out that at all.....maybe some badassness cheese man!!!! I loved the whole thing....brought back memories!!! GREAT job

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mike!!

[ QUOTE ]
Rid said:
And trust me Mike...he does VH even more badass!!!
(we all think he is Eddie anyways
)
And he has a onetubewonder Marshall



[/ QUOTE ]
Rid, thanks again bro!!
 

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

You are most welcome Mister.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
488 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

kool!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
eternal said:
kool!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,264 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

This kicked ass, awesome job!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,632 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

Great job on this dude....you are a killer....
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
TopJimmy78 said:
This kicked ass, awesome job!!


[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks man!

[ QUOTE ]
Khaos said:
Great job on this dude....you are a killer....

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Khaos!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

GSS, where ya been man?? Haven't seen you post anything in awhile.

I'm dying to hear anything new you have lying around. I've always thought that you captured Ed's style and sound better than anyone else I've heard. However, there are many excellent players that post here that are very....close, but I've always dug your tone. Your version of UNCHAINED, is simply incredible!!

Good to see your back posting.

Great song by the way!

HH
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
Hurricane Halen said:
GSS, where ya been man?? Haven't seen you post anything in awhile.

I'm dying to hear anything new you have lying around. I've always thought that you captured Ed's style and sound better than anyone else I've heard. However, there are many excellent players that post here that are very....close, but I've always dug your tone. Your version of UNCHAINED, is simply incredible!!

Good to see your back posting.

Great song by the way!

HH

[/ QUOTE ]Hey what's up man. Thanks bro! Yeah i gotta try and pop in here more often. This site really has grown over the past year! I come in once in a while and read some post's and listen to a clip here and there so i'm still here, just kinda lurcking in the background.
 

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
Joined
·
3,114 Posts
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

wow killer stuff man! i like this alot wtg!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Sound clip - Here\'s a cheesy 80\'s original i recorded (Marshall Super Lead)

[ QUOTE ]
Scott Parnell said:
wow killer stuff man! i like this alot wtg!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Scott.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top