Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The guitar arrangement is excellent - well done! One of the other impressive things about S&G was Art Garfunkle's incredible voice and vocal range. Attempting to sing his parts could permanently damage your family jewels if you're not careful. :lol:

I like the vocal mix better here than on "Scarborough Fair." You may have had a few performance issues, but you've got an excellent voice. I bet you could iron out the rough spots with some more patience and overdubs. It might be you could work on some other projects and then come back to this one later (that is, if you're wanting to refine the whole thing). Nevertheless, this sounds great!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
ksdb said:
The guitar arrangement is excellent - well done! One of the other impressive things about S&G was Art Garfunkle's incredible voice and vocal range. Attempting to sing his parts could permanently damage your family jewels if you're not careful. :lol:

I like the vocal mix better here than on "Scarborough Fair." You may have had a few performance issues, but you've got an excellent voice. I bet you could iron out the rough spots with some more patience and overdubs. It might be you could work on some other projects and then come back to this one later (that is, if you're wanting to refine the whole thing). Nevertheless, this sounds great!! :thumb: :thumb:
Thanks ksdb! He definately has a great voice; they both had an amazing ability to sing harmonies.

I probably will come back to it later. On a good day I could proabaly work out those iffy parts :) My biggest problem is a tendancy to sneak up on notes instead of hitting them correctly right away.

·
Registered
479 Posts
very nice work...as ksdb said,the vocal range they have is a tough nut to crack...i thought u did and exelent job with this :icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
oh this is great Dunadan. it is a nigh impossible trask and you did it well. As for the performance issues, the trick is to adapt it to your voice but you did a great job and got very close to the harmonies of the original.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Fantastic! Wonderful rendition here. I added a bit of reverb to it, and it sounds like your playing Carnegie Hall!:woot:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts