Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a favourite of mine by Steve Hackett from 1979 i think , hope you like it ....... i think i will dedicate this tune too Dimebag Darrel and his Family , i personaly never knew of him ,and i aint heard any of his tunes , but, he was one of us , a hard working musician , and a lover of all things rock , RIP

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Great choice for a cover. I've been a huge fan of Steve Hackett for many years. Cool cover, very faithful and soulful. Maybe you can tell more about the backing track and what kind of guitar and amp you used.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sourced the backing track , but it had a few glitches which i almost ironed out , the acoustic section in the middle is a midi spanish thing , i dont own one and it sounded to brittle on electric , i added a church organ cause it was missing , i also detuned one guitar at the end to give it more whack .I used a friends Epiphone twin neck for the guitar bits , which is a little frustrating as it seems to have a short scale neck , making upper string bends tricky .I play into the behringer vamp pro , it does what it says on the tin . then i record into cubase vst ver 5.1 . If you want the midi or backing let me know . Thanks for replying ksdb................:thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I love this song...saw Hackett at Middlesbrough Town Hall on this tour as I was a big fan of his Genesis stuff, especially on 'Wind and Wuthering'. This is superb Art...you have the sound down to a tee and the playing is perfect. How about 'Clocks' next? Great stuff. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Not familiar with this song....but it's a beautiful tune!!!!:D Your playing is, as always, superb!!!:bowdown: And that tone is awesome!!! Well done!!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
167 Posts
Epic tune.........epic playing! :thumb:

Giving me some really good inspiration.........if only my POD wasn't still being repaired. :wutblau:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Bluesplayer, I'd be interested in checking out the backing trackson this. Some other cool Steve Hackett covers might be Ace of Wands, Everyday, The Steppes or Sierra Quemada. I also really like his solos on the Genesis songs Firth of Fifth and Inside and Out.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for you comments guys , really appreciate it .. heres to the next project .:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
You are a talented bugger Bluesy! :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.