Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally gave it a shot. Not as good as some of the other versions floating around I think, but I enjoyed giving it a shot. Surprised myself with some of it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Nice tone and playing! Whats the equip your using? Its a pretty decent SRV tone really.

Rj

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
It sounds like you have a phaser or some kind of crazy effect on the sound. Might just be the mp3 compression or the recording, but something sounds a bit whack.
Other than that the tone sounds great.
Playing ain't bad either! :icon_thum

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the above posts, the recording quality isn't too great, but you can definitely hear that there's some decent SRV tone there. Nice improvisation work throughout the song. I'm curious what equipment you're using too.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
trippy version bro....great attempt...the slow phase kinda killed it ..less fx and more playing always helps....you have an excellent creative style that needs polishing and then we will be watchin out for ya:icon_thum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words. :woot:

Using fender standard strat ... with texas special pickups ...
Ran it through a digitech rp300 pedal into my computer.

The effect:

Pickup=on: single coil --> humbucker
Wah=on: Cry
Compressor=on
Amp effect=stack: set to sound like 4x12 *shrug*
Equalizer=on: bass=7/mid=6/treble=7
Noise gate=off
Effect=off
Delay=on: 30ms
Reverb=on: Hall

I didn't put the levels for the settings, but that's what I used. If you have this pedal and want the settings (to use or work on to make sound better), just ask. *shrug*

Anyway, I enjoyed trying this one out. I think that's the best improv I've done ... usually it doesn't go off into its own world like that. I didn't think I could play some of it that fast, either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
your timing is off right from the start.
nice attemp but needs much work.

keep rockin'

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Other than a riff or two, I think the timing was ok. I only pasted once and it seemed good enough ... maybe it's fractionally off from pasting over the backing track. You're the first to say so. *shrug*

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Well to my ears im hearing , "and i know the reccording is a low bitrate ".a truly authentic SRV tone , with that all important deep vibrato . And every now and again you put in real nice riffs of your own making . I think in time and with practice you will nail his style and become a very competant blues player ! this is a real cool post which had me listening .:icon_thum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts