Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

khufu007 vs rockonthis21 (5 votes to win)

• khufu007

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • rockonthis21

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Very nice, but where's that intro I like. :rock: :toothless :rock: Hey Naif, I never really thought about Breathe and Riviera Paradise being so close, but as soon as I read your post, that's all I can hear. Thanks, now everytime I'm listening to Stevie play, I'm going to be singing Pink Floyd in my head :toothless

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys...but how come it doesnt say khufu007 vs rockonthis21 at the battle page??...is cos he hasnt posted yet?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Riviera Paradise

Here's my version- I had it on my laptop, I just had to get it transferred over so I could post it.

[MEDIA]http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=16663.mp3[/MEDIA]

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
You did a great job on this tune as well- a lot said with fewer notes, I like that!

I think the reason it doesn't say me vs. you is that you have to type that in yourself as the header when you create the thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Emotion

I went with emotion here. Really nice, both of you. :D The thing is that though it had more emotion and was great, the other was technically maybe more diverse and better, but the way it was mixed made it seem just a little out. Now, I don't know why I chose. Its too close in some ways. Too close. I should have, well, not, but really nice, both of you. :bannana_g

·
Registered
299 Posts
great job both , went with rockonthis , he handled the chords better although i think it would be great if he laid off the effects a bit,
khufu007 had a really nice view and a nice mellow approach well done guys. :icon_thum

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good Job by both

but khazfu whatever wins in my book, he was a little more laid back in his timing and groove which made it more like Stevie. How'd you get that tone dude, my strat sounds nothing like that, must be the lace sensors, should I get the Texas Specials?

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
thx for listening all :)...Martin im using a USA deluxe strat into a Fender hotrod amp...i just used the clean channel initially then a ts9 tubescreamer for that extra gain....im just using noisless pickups not tex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts