Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here you go. Sorry for the wait. Thanks for playin. Hard to pick a favorite in this bunch.

vlc, I moved the track from where you said you started. You said you started at 00:40:00 but it sounded off to me so I pushed it forward about 23 micro or so. Hopefully it is right. For the future you might read my tutorial, if you can find it in the jam forum, and/or the stickied article on 'foolproof timing'.

The lineup:

0:00 0:43 - nroberts
0:43 1:23 - vlc66
1:23 2:03 - Stiglar
2:03 2:43 - Naifuzan
2:43 3:22 - elecjoy
3:22 4:02 - GuitarPlayingPJ
4:02 END - Rythameen

- edit: grrrrr...damn browser...hope this works...

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=19432

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Err Invalid Attachment ;/

As i told ya in the E-mail, i have no clue about my asio latency so that might be those 23 ms. Hope it doesnt sound that off ^^

But I'll read ur tutorial, haven't seen it before, sry for that.

·
Registered
470 Posts
vlc66 said:

As i told ya in the E-mail, i have no clue about my asio latency so that might be those 23 ms. Hope it doesnt sound that off ^^

Link doesn't work Noah... plus it might be better to title the thread 'Celebration Stomp jam' or something, so people can relate it to the jam forum thread. I had no idea what this was until I looked at it. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...that is odd, it works fine for me. I'll delete the attachment and reload then.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GuitarPlayingPJ said:
Seems to be downloading for me.

Cool!
While I was waiting for the upload I edited the post and hit the submit out of habit. I tried to stop it but it had already posted apparently. The forum then wouldn't accept the one with the attachment. So I went into my attachment list and found it and provided a link...but apparently the forum engine decided that since there was no post associated with that attachment that it was a stubble and tossed it. It still worked for me because I tested it last night and have the mp3 download it the tmp directory and the link is cached.

·
Banned
1,700 Posts
vlc66 said:

I just use a digital 8 tracker man - it's easier for me at least. Then edit it on the PC after you do the music. Never a latency problem ever for me . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Daaaang, feeling really good to be part in here! :)

Very inspiring blue sounds from all, this one finds its way into my -all the time playlist- :bannana_g

Now i think i have to go and a) figure out what y'all played in there and grab a lick or 2 ;) (dont send me ur lawyer plz tho gg) and b) practice some more, i mean, damn that sounds so professional compared to how i play.

btw, damn thank-you button ^^ Looks like reply.

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,799 Posts
Incredible job ya'll:icon_thum ....... Great mix there Noah, and really fine playing and tone by all, it's nice to hear everybody staying within( for the most part) the same relative style to the track, not a bunch of shred action LOL........very ,very nice indeed!:icon_peac

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vlc66 said:
Now i think i have to go and a) figure out what y'all played in there and grab a lick or 2 ;) (dont send me ur lawyer plz tho gg) and b) practice some more, i mean, damn that sounds so professional compared to how i play.
I liked yours. There were some flubs but mine had more probably. The feeling was solid and the tone had a nice scream to it. Nice licks. Before I moved it around I didn't like it so much because well the timing was WAY off...but once I figured out where it needed to be I thought it sounded rather good.

·
excess to requirements
7,103 Posts
too many good points to list. two standout moments for me; elecjoys almost nonchalent sweeps were excellent and Rythameens slide was really cheeky and fun. But all the playing was solid and spot on imo!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
nroberts said:
I liked yours. There were some flubs but mine had more probably. The feeling was solid and the tone had a nice scream to it. Nice licks. Before I moved it around I didn't like it so much because well the timing was WAY off...but once I figured out where it needed to be I thought it sounded rather good.
May i ask what flubs are? ^^ (Couldnt find a translation - i'm from germany)

Funny is; it still doesnt feel exactly like i played it so it's still a bit 'off', not bad just different.

I'll time the recording better next time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.