Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a work in progress. It is a bit acoustic folk in style so rockers beware. All music is me except for the drum line which I used a track for. Currently collaborating with KC_Artist_Rocker on this tune so look for some upgraded Bass Line in the future.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Fantastic work Matt, and welcome to the site. :woot: I have not heard this new mix yet since you had noodled around with it over at my place. Sounds like you have re-recorded the vocals and boosted the guitar a bit. It's sounding really smooth and developing into a whole song. I love the vocal harmonies that you have running through the second half of the song. :thumbup: I'm looking forward to adding a few of my Jay-Homey touches to this solid foundation.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I hit the wrong button :crazy: !

This is a very cool tune. The acoustic needs eq'ing to make it a bit brighter (it doesn't sound like it is panned hard left and right - you might want to try this) everything sounds cool though. the backing is very well done and the vocals sound very good. Nice harmonies too. I love the chorus - very subdued but it creeps up on you. The solo is cool. Some very good bass fills too, as you say though it does need a little more bass and I am sure KCAR is more than able to fill in the gaps :)

Great debut!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback on both my post. I agree that some panning is in order...I am still a bit of a novice with the whole recording gig...still trying to figure out the technique. I really apreciate your input.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
no problems mate. It is nice to see another songwriter on the forum. :thumb:

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
Very nice! I really liked it, smooth acoustic n vox :mix: I´d really like to listen to more stuff like this, bring it on.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Love your user name mate !

The tune is great. stingx and linda always told me that an acoustic guitar should always lie dead center. stingx did tell me that you can pan it a little bit left and right. One with different effects, and the other slightly off from the other. I cannot remember the actual specifics of it, cuz he told me in chat and I wasn't clever enough to save it (hopefully he will reply to this and remind me :notme: )

:doh:

Anyway, back to the performance...

Great vocals and just great playing. I think the A Koo Stick sounds mighty fine mate. Would love to hear more of this, as it is so refreshing, and though it sounds simple, it bloody well is not !!!

Welcome to the site !!! And a fucking great debut !!!

:thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I think it's excellent...especially those harmony lines! A bit of eq here and there...some compression, and a tad of reverb, and your there!!

Wonderfull composition!! What is your recording setup? Damn dude...I think this kicks ass!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum Soulfull!!!!!:icon_peac

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Wow what a great first song post! You have some serious skills man! The tone you got here is great! Your vox are right on the money...nothing seemed forced and the mix was perfect! Great job and welcome to the site bud!!! If you working with KC then I can't wait to hear what comes out.......KC is one of my beotches! lol

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Mike4beka said:
.......KC is one of my beotches! lol
Yeah but I am your main bitch, right Mike? ;)

A Koo, I really dig this man you've put together a great song, the whole arrangement really works and the harmonies are great! Sometimes I regret naming this site Guitars101 because it's a little too narrow and I like a wider variety of material. I love it when people post great song writing like this, thanks for sharing, looking forward to hearing more.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Goport said:
I hit the wrong button :crazy: !
Hahaha.. I did that on the first thread I started and thanked myself for the post.. hahahaha...

Hey A Koo Stick... this is really cool... I love it all the way around.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Great song. I was getting a little Jack Johnson vibe out of the production work, but it feels more dense and purposeful. You're a very solid and expressive vocalist. The harmonies make it sound very professional too. Looking forward to hearing more of your music!! :woot:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the favorable feedback. Thanks ksdb for the Jack Johnson referance...I am a big fan of Jack, can't think of a better compliment!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts