Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'd like to give 'em a listen if they sound like AC/DC. There's nothing wrong with good ol' straight forward rock n roll no matter how simplistic it is. There's no AC/DC song I couldn't learn to play in 5 minutes but they are still one of my favorite bands of all time! I don't want every rock band in the world to be progressive or have every guitarist play a million precise scales. Sometimes plain old headbanging hard rock is all I need.
Personally, I'd rather listen to Glenn Tipton play than Malmsteen or Vai. Thats just me

·
Registered
57 Posts
I see them a few times a year since 1970, and since Rhino and Matt joined, they are still a hard rocking band. Rossi is a great front man and a very underated guitarist. The drone leading into Caroline is still one of the all time intro's of any band around. They have been doing now for over 40 years and still rockin, and still put a lot of bands to shame with 100+ gigs a year, every year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
LMAO same old stuff over and over again my butt, I suggest to people who believe that to actually bother listening to ALL of their work and you find a hell of alot of variety in it. And besides which I always found have a trademark sound was calling having an identity, a style? Also the 3 chord ONLY is a myth and there's alot of their work with more than 3 in, again do some research.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts