Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a song that Rain wrote the lyrics to and I put to music (Formerly Raindrops). I was never too happy with my vocals on this so I was pretty pleased when a friend of mine asked if he could have a go. This is a work in progress as I want to redo some of the backing music and remove some of the harshness of some guitars.

My friend Alan did a fantastic job on the vocals getting a sort of Bowie/Robbie Williams vibe and really added some amazing harmonies on the chorus that actually sounds like a choir. Alan is a pretty amazing musician in his own right, A superb bassist, guitarist and keyboardist. He also has a project studio and we are in constant competition to see who can write the best songs :lol: - this is the first time we have worked together outside of a band but hopefully it will lead on to many more collabs.

Hope you like the track :thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
this is well arranged goport. i like the way you used the lyrics. singing sounds cool with the choir bakcing. kudos to you and your friend. the mix and the guitars sound fine to me..maybe boost the bottom end of the bass a tad...but im listening through headphones now so it might be wise to listen to me. :doh: lol :D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks matt :) I actually want to redo the drums to see if I can get better definition on the kit and lose the midi bass line and actually play it on a real bass (although I have to learn it first :lol; )

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps :) :thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like the chord progressions' kinda bowie meets the beatles. Very cool!

Tastey very tastey lead..... 3 snaps in a circle

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Gr8 stuff as always, bro!!!:bowdown: You never disappoint!!!:icon_thum And yes, your friend definately adds a Bowie touch to it!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Arm - the leads were a little ott imo but I liked them so they stayed :lol:

Thank you sg - you are always very kind mate. :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
You know that vocalist is killer for sure!!! I do like yours though...imo...i prefer your vocals...but nothing whatsoever against the talent presented here. He's great mate!!!

Beauty of an arrangement!! Love the guitar work also!! So pro of a tune and very well put together!! Cheers both!!!

:rock: :rock: :icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Porty your friend Alan did a beautiful job...He does have that Bowie feel aswel as you do...Tell him thanks for giving it a go..and thanks to you again hun..

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Believe me - I can sound terrible!!!! :lol: Many, many thanks for the comments. It really does mean a lot. :thumb:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wow.. I like this one alot alot! Lyrics are wonderful! Yall all did a great job on it. Well done!

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
lovely intro chord sequence dude , almost Banjo like , and Hell , Robbie williams voice is a belter , sheer quality , Goport your onto something here , this guy is a quality vocalist , you two are quite something else ! good luck , this song is wonderfull , nice playing at 1.13 , very elastic guitar feel , wish you all the very best with this and i look forward to hear more from you ,!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts