Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just killed my Steve Gibbons Band - Caught in the Act (1977) tape
I guess playing it for 25 years was going to wear it out eventually. I know it is a long shot but has anyone got it? If you could burn me a copy I would be most happy. I have been trying to download it from emule for over a week but it doesn't want to finish

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
God, there's a name from the past! Spoken in the same hushed tones as Pat Travers and Ducks Deluxe! Not sure if I have a vinyl copy (do you all know what VINYL is???) Whats emule by the way Goport? File sharing thingy? Cos KaZaA is crap now that the corporate feelers are out to catch the downloaders!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the tape in 1978 - the band are amazing and some of the covers, tulane, day tripper, watching the river flow etc are stunning. I am just really gutted that I have fucked it :(
Of course I know what vinyl lol I am 38yrs old after all

yup emule is a program similar to kazaa. Emule is slower than kazaa but it is very good for getting whole albums. Also there are nowhere near as many fake files on emule.

If you are used to kazaa and you are using the official version of kazaa then you might want to try one of the hacked versions. for one there is no spyware/adware and they have many features/tools that help. Kazaa Lite Resurrection is about the best kazaa variant - http://www.filesharingplace.com/startpage/index.htm

emule works in a similar way but unlike kazaa, emule allows you to download from other people even if they haven't finished downloading the file completely. it has better file checking and I haven't had any corrupted files as yet. I like it but as I say it can take a while to download something. notthat this bothers me as I just leave it running. http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wooohooo - got it at last!!!! Thank you emule

1 - 4 of 4 Posts