Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone!
this i found is alot harder to record than to jam to... i definatley didn't get this one properly because when i listen to it, its just real cruisey but when i listen to Vais, im grinding my teeth and finding it hard to breath. so don't expect Vai...this is not that good, ok...

This ones for VHfan, hes been wanting to hear my version since Attitude Song. Here you go matey!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Wow....Mickey G Vai is what we should call you now. Nice playing...I love this tune. I agree with Wah that it might need a bit of delay added....you can just try adding some to the track with Cool Edit to see what it would sound like.

Great playing!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
mickey this was another oustanding job.. you have vai's playing and style down pat...excellent job man..you really post some kickass tunes man..remember us little guys when you become famous

·
Registered
886 Posts
Excellent again mickey. I have to say that it isn't as close to vai as the other 2 covers you did but I don't think ANYONE could play this the way Vai does. Saying that, you are playing this song far younger than when Steve wrote it so you are pretty special.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard a more convincing cover of that tune. Bitchin' stuff Mickey!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mickey, another awesome Vai cover mate. You have outstanding ability on the guitar.
It's fair to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
We are not worthy

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks fellas, i agree it needs a bit more, and i just added delay and chorus, it sounds alot better....but oh well. can't you just imagine its there??

you guys are very encouraging, and i appreciate everything!

Im using a Boss GT-6 Ulnarian

thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fckin awesome Mickey, amazing job!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts