Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a brave decision to cover the opening track of Mr Vai's 'Passion & Warfare' album Liberty.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
outstanding phill !!! sound very pro............ guitar work fantastic!!! hope to see you this weekend if you are local let us know

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Sharp playing!!! Love this!! You have some stylish chops!
Very pro sounding mix!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This sounds really good man. I assume you did all guitars and everything right? Very good job.

Only thing I would change would be to make the main lead parts louder, they kinda get burried in the mix.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Outstanding stuff.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome Phil, killa job!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
thats really good!!! fuck man loved it! only thing id say is that the tone needs to be more trebley when it changes that "chorus part" but stil its perfect playing which is more omportant!!!!! and sill a sick tone! its perfect! SIGN OF THE WEEK RIGHT HEAR!

oh and phil can you post that backing? cause the one i got is not that good! mate you wrote you ARE Vai!

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
wow that was totally aweosme .. i'm really impressed ! .. your right it is brave tackling that track ! .. did you do all the harmonies yourself ? .. if so well fucking done .. thats no easy task ..

my only slight complaint is that it's a bit fast .. but that's cool it gives it some pepper !

great work still

Stig

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys. I made the backing from a guitar pro 4 file. I converted it to midi and had to buthcher the drums a bit. I done all the harmonies and they took the longest bloody time. I can post the backing track also.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
POD GOD said:
Phil, come on...tell us....you are Vai right? We know it's you Steve! That was totally smokin

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha I wish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts