Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, just stumbled across this very cool board today! I'm going to try and give something back starting with Vai's solos from the classic Whitesnake gig at Donnington (Aug. 18, 1990). :jam:

Sure hope this isn't a repost! :twisted:
[Apologies for the filenames as they come from the complete concert.]

·
Registered
425 Posts
thanks! Ive been wanting to hear a Vai solo from the Whitesnake tours... :bannana_g

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanx for this...mmh...any chance of posting the whole show? I've been searching for this one for so long...

·
Registered
67 Posts
WhitesnakeRox,

Thanks for the Vai solo clips.

Also, Check your PMs(Private Messages), I have a couple of Steve Vai Whitesnake questions for you.

Jeff

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
berseker said:
any chance of posting the whole show? I've been searching for this one for so long...
Sure, although I guess I can only chew up 10MB at a time here? :dunno:
Tell you what, I'll leave these up for a week or so and then start the show from the top, posting as many tracks as I can at a time.

Meantime, glad you guys like! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanx a lot WhitesnakeROX! I love Whitesnake, I only heard that show on an old tape borrowed from a friend and that wasn't the best quality. Can't wait!

·
Registered
425 Posts
mickey_g107 said:
im not sure if its intentional but that solo the first one, is exactly the same as the one he does on letterman (which i have video of if you want) and ive heard it before aswel, is he meaning to do it or is he out of ideas?

I'd love to see that video! :bannana_g

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mickey_g107 said:
is he meaning to do it or is he out of ideas?
Not sure - what date is your Letterman video? :wtf: :) And yeah posting it would be slick.

BTW, just noticed that Vai is doing a small solo U.S. tour soon. Check pollstar for the dates. :icon_thum

·
Registered
425 Posts
mickey_g107 said:
ok ill post it in the vai forum its the same as this basically
Thanks, that'd be awesome!:icon_thum

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I've got Kittens Got Claws and Is This Love from this same show. If you guys want I'll post it up for ya. Let me know.

·
Registered
425 Posts
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I've got Kittens Got Claws and Is This Love from this same show. If you guys want I'll post it up for ya. Let me know.

Yeah, that'd be cool! :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, time to start posting the complete show as promised with as much of my quota as I can, per week. For reference here is the show's tracklist as I'll be posting it:

Whitesnake live at Monsters of Rock, Donnington Aug. 18, 1990:
01 Intro 1,527 KB
02 Slip Of The Tongue 5,170 KB
03 Slide It In 4,778 KB
04 Judgement Day 5,666 KB
05 Slow An' Easy 8,318 KB
06 Kittens Got Claws 5,916 KB
07 Adrian Vandenberg Solo 6,562 KB
08 Is This Love 4,706 KB
09 Cheap An' Nasty 4,223 KB
10 Crying In The Rain 6,112 KB
11 Tommy Aldridge Solo 4,234 KB
12 Crying In The Rain-End 2,307 KB
13 Fool For Your Loving 6,274 KB
14 Steve Vai Solo 1,199 KB
15 For The Love Of God 3,194 KB
16 The Audience Is Listening 3,787 KB
17 Here I Go Again 5,341 KB
18 Bad Boys 7,218 KB
19 In The Heart Of The City 7,997 KB
20 Still Of The Night 8,094 KB

So we're starting with tracks 1 & 2 (14, 15, 16 already posted). Thanks to SuckaIn3Piece for posting track 6 too. :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
No prob dude, do you want me to leave my tracks up for ya? That'll save you some space.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks to both you guys... I love hearing Vai in a "band setting" It's cool to hear him back in the day (when he was a "member" of a band); in "a different role of sorts"

I love the "other band bootleg forum" so we can hear stuff like this!!! :devilchil :jam:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts