Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
very nice man...guitar sounds a little dry...maybe a little delay would be nice but im not that familiar with the original. You play with great feeling and talent

Im shocked im the first to comment....AWEsome job man:thumb::77:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Impressive skills, really enjoyed listening to that. :yourock2:

·
Registered
823 Posts
As said said above, the tone is nice, but could use an effect or two, thats the only down point for me.
As for your performence, 5 Stars m8, i didn't hear 1 wrong note, and the energy you played with was fantastic, worthy of Steve himself imo.
Keep them coming :thumb:

·
Do ya Wanna get Rocked?
652 Posts
Writing while listening. I've also never heard the original .... but sounds great - very Vai. Excellent playing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I love it, the tone is spot on and the playing is too. A great Vai song covered with expertise and confidence. If anything the guitar could have been a little louder in the mix.

·
Another Broke Guitarist
2,040 Posts
I think that it was very well done..spot on with the notes...:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Very good playing. Good tone, alittle too dry. But still awesome job :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rocin dude! I really like the orig. and you've done it credit. Very enjoyable. This year I plan to lift my skill level - I've been sitting at a certain point for far too long, and boy is this some inspiration to keep goin. Can't wait till I can play like you man!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
this is magnificent. you NAILED it. the tone is dry for sure. but van can often use a bit of a dry tone. maybe a bit of verb would have gone down well. but man. the playing is awesome. the control. the tone is actually really nice too. just needs a bit of verb for more fullness.

good job man :thumb:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Excellent cover dude, one of the best tunes on Fire Garden and I thought it was pretty much nailed. The tone is pretty spot on too but I will agree that a little verb would have added a bit of air to the sound. Excellent throughout though. Bravo :icon_thum .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts