Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got My Tix 7th row in the round...Ive been quite out of touch with Vai the last couple of years....anyone able to fill me in on what to expect him to play...old,new?...thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
He's coming here on the 4th of April. I'm hoping maybe I'll be able to see him.

For The Love of God, :)D ) I hope I do.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
well if his tour is anything like the one i saw in 2004 then get ready it'll be a hell of a show . i was really happy he seemed to go back and play alot of stuff from passion and warfare which i thought was really cool ...

check out the live at the astoria dvd or at least the setlist i think it will be similar to that, it was over here anyway! :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Stiglar said:
well if his tour is anything like the one i saw in 2004 then get ready it'll be a hell of a show . i was really happy he seemed to go back and play alot of stuff from passion and warfare which i thought was really cool ...

check out the live at the astoria dvd or at least the setlist i think it will be similar to that, it was over here anyway! :thumb:
He does a lot of P&W stuff now. I think it's because he has the band that can play the stuff.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
This is true the band is sensational these days .. i think i remember vai saying in the audio commentary he could finally do songs like blue powder and erotic nightmares so much better now because basically he needed 3 guitars !

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info!!...it would sure be great to see Passion and Warfare tunes...ill be posting some killer pics...promise:icon_peac

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That stiglars a shifty character. He'd probably spend the money on hoochie mamas and a bottle of kahlua and milk.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
just the hoochie mamas ! :lol:

seriously go to a good music store and say "gimme a copy of vai astoria dvd you facists ! "

nah don't say that . .just ask them can you order stuff in from the u.s and most likely they'll say yes and they should be willing to do it for you! no teasin ! hehe

·
Registered
198 Posts
How fast would you say Vai's tickets sell out?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
In Sydney last year, the concert sold out within a few days (which is quite an achievement for a non mainstream performer).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just hope by this coming Friday the tickets are still available here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts