Superstars Concert Series
Blossom Music Center
Cleveland, OH
january 18, 1987
FM Broadcast
Double Vinyl Version*
Art & photos in low res included

http://www.winwoodfans.com/boot80.htm#cleve

*This is a Westwood One concert from Winwood's first "High Life" tour. The sound is excellent as is the performance. The mix of songs is fine with a number of Winwood's mainstays, which he would continue to perform throughout the '80s and early '90s.
"Low Spark" is a piano/voice only short version that leads into a short but cooking "Glad," with a burning tenor saxophone solo. There is a funky, rousing "Valerie" and "Higher Love" with a wonderful Latin feel...This disc is available in... CD version with fewer tracks.. And also a double vinyl version, which is the most complete of this concert...Any version is highly recommended. The double vinyl is still very available and quite reasonable.
Grade: A
By: PR

SW's first solo tour in the US had Low Spark as the opening number with SW playing alone on the piano, before he counted the rest of his band in, for a stomping version of Glad. A nice contrast in its much abbreviated and simplified form.
By: BG and PM

Tracklist:
01 Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
02 Glad
03 Take It As It Comes
04 Freedom Overspill
05 The Finer Things
06 My Love’s Leavin’
07 While You See A Chance
08 Valerie
09 Split Decision
10 I’m A Man
11 Higher Love
12 Back In The High Life
13 Gimme Some Lovin’

72min.

DL Link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/40eefxtlaglt

Enjoy

·
Registered
458 Posts
YEAH
downloading this one
and PLEASE share more SWinwood, I am looking for any other Back in the high life again concerts, video too

Thanks

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEAH
downloading this one
and PLEASE share more SWinwood, I am looking for any other Back in the high life again concerts, video too

Thanks
I could not get any more of that time :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the Winwood!
The whole internet does not really know the date of this concert.
I searched and could not find it.
I am from Cleveland. Blossom Music Center is an outdoor venue.
It is only open for concerts. May thru September.
It is covered in snow, or is too cold to be outside for concerts the rest of the year.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the Winwood!
The whole internet does not really know the date of this concert.
I searched and could not find it.
I am from Cleveland. Blossom Music Center is an outdoor venue.
It is only open for concerts. May thru September.
It is covered in snow, or is too cold to be outside for concerts the rest of the year.
I believe the problem with the date is a confusion between the Westwood One FM broadcast date (January 18, 1987) of highlights from the Cleveland Blossom Center show that occurred on September 17, 1986.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe the problem with the date is a confusion between the Westwood One FM broadcast date (January 18, 1987) of highlights from the Cleveland Blossom Center show that occurred on September 17, 1986.
Thanks for clarifying the issue, sorry I can not change the title of the post with the true date of the concert to stop following generating more confusion

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The server with the file is up again

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Likely this was from the summer of 1986... since I saw this show. Roll With It was a huge hit at the time.

I don't have the exact date but it should be August 1986. I have a collection of the Scene weekly newspaper. I have to look up the review. I have a ticket sub too. January is in the winter and Blossom is an outdoor amphitheater... Like the Hollywood Bowl or Jones Beach.

I'm thinking that the January 1987 date is the FM broadcast. I have a cassette tape of the broadcast somewhere... somewhere... it was a cassette recording off the radio.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FF server with this file is online again

1 - 20 of 22 Posts