G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stevie Ray Vaughan
8-26-90
Apline Valley Music Theater
East Troy WI

Stevie's Last Show!!

source: unknown, but better and different than my three different audience recordings of this show.
?>cassette(3rd gen.?)>CDR-DA>WAV>FLAC>MEGAUPLOAD

1. Last Night>
Say What
2. The House Is Rockin'
3. Tightrope
4. Things (That) I Used To Do
5. Let Me Love You Baby
6. Leave Me Little Girl Alone
7. Pride And Joy
8. Wall Of Denial
9. Riviera Paradise
10. Superstition
11. Couldn't Stand The Weather>
Going Down*
-Encore-
12. Crossfire*
13. Voodoo Chile>*
-band intros-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E061LZI

This set was followed by a Clapton set, with Stevie Ray & Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Cray and Buddy Guy joing Clapton & band for his encore, "Sweet Home Chicago". Link to that encore song, from same source as this SRV show:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G6C178O

I was fortunate enough to be at this show, SRV was the king of the encore jam, and with that much talent on stage, that's saying a lot.

I don't believe either of these recordings to be in wide circulation, but I would like to hear feedback.

·
Premium Member
12,935 Posts
never in flac -thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the correction, jpschuck. I've seen your many SRV posts, and will certainly defer to your knowledge. In fact, it was all your great posts that encouraged me to post this here, as well as the support of the great g101 members, most of whom you see replying here. I would edit the post, but that seems to no longer be an option. By the way, * means with Jimmie Vaughan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for this one. I've long wanted to hear this. Incidentally, I heard an interview with Carlos Santana. He said he has a tape of a show with Stevie Ray, Eric Clapton and himself from Costa Mesa Ca., on "The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly tour". Supposedly it has some amazing jams with the three of them He wants it released but Clapton and the Vaughan family are saying no.

·
Registered
192 Posts
He wants it released but Clapton and the Vaughan family are saying no.
And until cool shows like that get released we get more BS like more Best Of albums and more hodge podge compilations like "Solo's, Sessions & Encores". I read somewhere that the SRV vaults are pertty much empty. Ok fine, but look at all the boots out there, get hold of those do some nifty package and audio work and release that stuff.

Hell my favourite non legit SRV piece is a boot cd of shows from the various In Step tours.

:icon_blah

It shoulda been Robert Cray on the helicopter. :disbelief

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know for a fact that the pro video of his last show was sent, uncopied to the Vaughan family. Haven't seen that yet, so the vault's aren't quite empty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And until cool shows like that get released we get more BS like more Best Of albums and more hodge podge compilations like "Solo's, Sessions & Encores".
Actually "Solo, sessions and Encore" is not that bad and the material is far more useful that the numerous SRV Greatest Hits/Best Of.

I read somewhere that the SRV vaults are pertty much empty.
I doubt that the vaults are empty (or maybe just the studio vault) : listen at all the fantastic live excerpts featured on the SRV Boxed Set (and also on the remastered albums).

Actual releases include '80 (in The Beginning), '82 (Montreux I), '83 (El Mocambo), '84 (Carnegie Hall, '85 (Montreux II) and some '89 (Austin City Limits) shows. There are still 5 years remaining, assuming that nothing would be released for '81. We can reasonably hope that _at least_ one performance from each the "clean" Live Alive tour (87/88) and In Step tour (89/90) will be released.

In addition a number of actual live releases (actually most of them) are still imcomplete : Carnegie Hall, In The Beginning, In Session, Austin City '83 and '89 (you can also add the "Tribute to SRV").

·
Registered
301 Posts
And until cool shows like that get released we get more BS like more Best Of albums and more hodge podge compilations like "Solo's, Sessions & Encores".

You make a good point, because "Oreo Cookie Blues" on "Solos, Sessions, etc" was taken from a bootleg. I have had that show for years and thought Oreo was one of the best tracks on it.

I am a huge SRV fan, but it seems most boots, especially the later ones all have the same set lists. I would love to hear a compilation of unusual songs that he did. Like "Drivin' South" from that Best Buy exclusive when the box set came out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know for a fact that the pro video of his last show was sent, uncopied to the Vaughan family. Haven't seen that yet, so the vault's aren't quite empty.
What do you mean by 'pro' video? Do you mean there was a camera crew there, or did someone in the audience film his whole performance from the 26th? And thanks a bunch for the upload. I've heard so many versions of Voodoo Chile from this show and they all never sounded this good! And it's even better that their lossless.

And since this is my first post I'd like to say hi to everyone. No better place to make a first post than in an SRV thread!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
What do you mean by 'pro' video? Do you mean there was a camera crew there, or did someone in the audience film his whole performance from the 26th? And thanks a bunch for the upload. I've heard so many versions of Voodoo Chile from this show and they all never sounded this good! And it's even better that their lossless.

And since this is my first post I'd like to say hi to everyone. No better place to make a first post than in an SRV thread!!!!!
And by other Voodoo Chile's from his last show, I've heard one from youtube the most.

But the one from your upload is a lot clearer

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I once mentioned to Reese Wynans that my fave SRV song was Riviera Paradise, and that the song was perfectly suited to Reese's style (he is a master at atmospheric, beautiful keyboard stuff).

He said it was one of the band's favorite songs to play live also.

Thanks for this. I have read in interviews with many of the players that night that SRV was playing 'otherwordly' that night.

·
Registered
15 Posts
pro shot video can mean the feed to the Video Screens, the camara men are pro's hence pro shot
Thanks for clearing that up. And I hope that possibly in 2010 it will be released since 2010 will be the 20th anniversary of Stevie's untimely death

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What I mean by "Pro Video" is a professional video crew was broadcasting (Closed circuit no doubt), to the giant screen tv's at Alpine, and they taped it. There is some speculation that the above posted recording may have come from the sound feed to the video board. This would make sense, since the circulating "soundboard" recording to the 8-25 show starts with Tightrope, which is when the sun had set enough to turn on the video screens. (The camera guys didn't even climb up to their perches til the set had started on the 25th.) The 26th was a cloudier day, and they had the screens up pretty much at the start of the set.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts