Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Stiglar vs axeshredder (20 votes to win)

• Stiglar

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • axeshredder

Votes: 17 47.2%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone ,

myself and axeshredder are taking on one of my favourite vh tunes , hot for teacher hope you enjoy !

and don't forget to vote :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Damn! Sounds great Stig!! Can't wait to hear Axe!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I loved hearing both! They were both so close and both displayed excellent ability. It's so very close in my mind that I had to go by a hair for Axeshredder. Sounded more true to the original, but each of you both put out tremendous effort and chops.
Both of you are my friends, so I tried to call it like I heard it. Two thumbs up and fantastic playing!!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Man, this is the toughest one I have come across to vote on so far. To me they are a dead heat, you both did great. I'm not voting on this one, it's a tie!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Darn, I can't make up my mind. I don't know if I want to place my vote on this right now 'cause both played it superbly. Well, to do justice on this one, I'll have to postpone my vote for now and get a second listen...sorry. Let me check the other battle for the mean time.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys , axe did a great job on this !

this backing is also an absolute jem .. wonderful to play over

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
gonna have to go with stig on this one, he just nailed the lead parts toooooo perfectly, and the fact that he through in those ed licks prroves he nose him, and the tone is close too

axe, not to take anything away from yours though, it was brillinat as well man, just didn't know about the phrasing at the start and the tone, but the lead and the rythm were spot on, good stuff mate!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Bloody excellent - the pair of you. STIG!!! I have only ever heard you do jazz - I was laughing out loud at this. :thumb: Axe, I love your playing - it is always impetuous and brash and FUN. You have a tone to die for too.

I will vote - but it will be an injustice to one of you. - we really do need a tie option on this battle shit :lol:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Goport said:
STIG!!! I have only ever heard you do jazz - I was laughing out loud at this.
lol thanks mate ,

i think some people would be suprised to hear i'm a HUGE vh fan ,was the reason i originally came to this board back when it was called vhfans.com

obviously my tastes have moved on a fair bit but i still (and prolly always will) absolutely adore vh and eddies style !

thanks again :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts