Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Stiglar vs GuitarPlayingPJ (15 votes to win)

• Stiglar

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • GuitarPlayingPJ

Votes: 2 11.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres me and pj battling it out on classical guitar , lets hear it !

heres mine (stiglar)

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice work pj !

sounds like you have good fingernails for classical guitar playing ! or did you use a pick ?

sounds good :thumb:

good luck !

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah don't we all wish we could play like that ! ..

once upon a time i had good nails for stuff like that .. but not no more! i've been converted to the dark side of electric guitar by eddie van halen and wes montgomery !

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
My God, they were both superb!

Stig, when you started doing that hammering thing, it sounded just like something that Justin King did with the two neck guitar. Beautiful.

PJ, your acoustic playing is superb but your recordings are BLOODY AMAZING! What do you use to capture the sound of your nylon mate?

This was so close but I went for Stig because I thought the piece was more inventive. Gotta say tho, both of 'em floored me.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Brilliant !! I wish i could have been there to see you guys play . Awesome !!:bowdown:

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
wahwah said:
My God, they were both superb!

Stig, when you started doing that hammering thing, it sounded just like something that Justin King did with the two neck guitar. Beautiful.

PJ, your acoustic playing is superb but your recordings are BLOODY AMAZING! What do you use to capture the sound of your nylon mate?

This was so close but I went for Stig because I thought the piece was more inventive. Gotta say tho, both of 'em floored me.
Nothing special to record with - just a PC type mic (Labtec AM-242) plugged into the mic input of my soundcard. And just point the mic sorta up close at the guitar and play.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much everyone , i too was really impressed with the tone and recording quality you managed to get pj , so crisp and fresh ... once i get my mic back and working i'll definately have to try experimenting a bit more with mic placement etc :thumb:

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Stiglar said:
Thanks very much everyone , i too was really impressed with the tone and recording quality you managed to get pj , so crisp and fresh ... once i get my mic back and working i'll definately have to try experimenting a bit more with mic placement etc :thumb:
It was fun Stig!

Your song was way more technical than mine - you totaly deserve to win!

:)

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Both absolutely breathtaking. I lost myself in both pieces. So much so that I just cannot begin to decide which one I like the better. They both took me along with them for the ride to different places and so I can't yet judge them against each other.

Just simply amazing stuff. Gave me goosebumps, both of them.

I'm gonna have to take a while on this one. Play amongst yourselves whilst I take another listen...

Edit: Onto my third listens now ! I just don't know guys, I do not know. Both are just so amazing ! How does a guy choose between 'em ?

:dunno:

No use : I'm just gonna have to sleep on it and decide tomorrow ! Sorry guys. You shouldn't be so bloody good !!!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Outstanding!! That was some of the best playing I have heard on this site.
Congratulations both of you for the ability to play these so well!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hey Siglar that was beautiful. Along with justin king, I heard alot of Michael Hedges! PJ's was very dark, misterious and hot blooded. Very different pieces here.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Okay, upon sleeping on it, and listening again, I have decided that my vote will go to Stiglar. It just moves me that little bit more, PJ, sorry. There's not much in it, and it was hard to quantify because they were so damn brilliant, yet so different !

Thanks for making it so difficult to vote, really enjoyed listening to these ones !

Excellent standard by both !

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
mondola said:
Okay, upon sleeping on it, and listening again, I have decided that my vote will go to Stiglar. It just moves me that little bit more, PJ, sorry. There's not much in it, and it was hard to quantify because they were so damn brilliant, yet so different !

Thanks for making it so difficult to vote, really enjoyed listening to these ones !

Excellent standard by both !

Thats ok Mondo - Stigs tune blew me away also. When I first heard it I knew I was in some trouble :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts