Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not real familiar with most gary moore's stuff , but I had the backing for this one and I think I got close with the main riff....I know my playing dosent even come close to some of the others I've listened to on this site, but what I'm currious about is opinions on the sound quality of the recording as this is my second attempt at recording on the pc....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Sky, Your timing and feel are right on man. It's your tone that's lacking. Too thin and brittle sounding. Gary plays this tune through the neck pickup on his Les Paul. That's why his mids are so sweet and his tone is so FAT. This is one of my favs along with Empty Rooms. Too bad he can't sing as well as he plays guitar. He'd be a much bigger star. Good job though

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Im not also very familiar with gary Moore's stuff, but this had great feel and emotion...as for the opinion about the sound quality..I thought the guitar tone was a bit shrill...a bit of reverb would soften it up...your mix is fine...what software do you use?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm using a program called audacity.......when i posted my first attempt, stingx sugested i try a direct box.....i think i'm probbly going to have to break down and go buy one or buy a pod

Thanx for the feeedback ya'll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts