Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the Moody Blues songs are soft and mellow but not this one.
It’s fresh from the oven. I’ve been working with it a couple of evenings and I just got it mixed. I’m not pleased with all bits and pieces but this has to do for awhile. Maybe I mix it again and record a new lead guitar someday.
There’s plenty of stuff here: five guitar tracks - I used three different guitars.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Gr8 song and gr8 rendition!!!:thumb: I used to play this in a band way back when!! And, I've had this on my "to do" list for quite some time but, never got to it yet.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Karkki, wow what a great song to cover. One of the Moody's best. Excellent job on this, man. :thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm glad that you recogniced the song too.
Sgstd, I played this song also in the seventies in one of my first bands - I played bass then and this was a great song for a bass player the first time you got your fingers moving fast enough. It was a tough cookie for a beginner.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sweet axe work..
i love the fizzy really fuzzy rhythm tone hehehehh...
nice vocals too!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
great job. I always liked MB. :thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andrewtheshreddr said:
i love the fizzy really fuzzy rhythm tone hehehehh...
Thanks for listening, guys!
In the beginnning and in doubling the bass riffs with guitar I used my oddball pedal, the Yerasov Grunge. It's a Russian made copy in Digitechs Grunge. It really is the ultimate fuzz!
Russians have copied some famous pedals but made them a little bigger than the originals. Maybe they wish to avoid copyright charges that way.
Check for the picture in the Gear photos -forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
neat to hear these covers. i just got done complimenting Sergio and Robbie for theirs, likewise to you Karkki. any other Moodies goodies baking in that sonic oven of yours? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts