Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im playing a mexi strat into a marshall avt50 and was looking for ways to "supe" up my guitar. I decided to drop new pickups in, and have no clue what to choose. I play more or less satriani/evh kinds of music, but have no idea what pickups to get. I figure humbuckers are out of the question b/c i dont wanna take a router to the body. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I thought that the mexican strat bodies had humbucker routes for the bridge and neck under the pickguard? If not, alot of guys seem to like the seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge of a strat.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
i just aquired a mexi strat too and im going for a red lace sensor in the bridge and a blue one in the neck :) . ultra hot . great for rocking and shredd :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mab8485 said:
I thought that the mexican strat bodies had humbucker routes for the bridge and neck under the pickguard? If not, alot of guys seem to like the seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge of a strat.
I don't know if its routed or not, and i just had the thing all apart to drop a new bridge in too. Hmm, ill look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts