Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I should get back to playing the guitar and post something already. I know this backing track has been done to death, but I did some splicing ( to the BT) to add a little structure to it.. I find the drums and bass to be absolutely fantastic on this track. Who ever made this backing track, knows their shit! Please crank this way up. This song reminds me of Union Square in Manhattan.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! It was hard to keep the solo within the chord structure: the middle seems to be a major (?) scale yet the beginning has a diminished feel to to. Very fun!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah awesome Strat!!
I think it is Ed de Genaro's band playing...but I am not sure.
Man you had some stuff going on here...hehe and you used an octaver if I was not mistaken.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Excellente!!! I dug this, great leads. Reminds me of Larry Carlton at times, as well as Pat Martino.

Love that Big-City backing track....urbanesque Jazz.
Well done Strat78!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormulaET

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Rid said:
...hehe and you used an octaver if I was not mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rid!!
Thats funny because, when I first played back the recording there were some screw ups on that simple little part, so I simply went back in and dubbed in the octave to hide the flubs.
This is the guitar that I just added a tone knob to. If I'm not mistaken, it really brings out a "wood like" quality in the tone when it is just backed off a tad.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
formulaet said:

Love that Big-City backing track....urbanesque Jazz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Formulaet, I love that discription!!!
Hey, that was an evh pup in this clip, clarity and sizzle galore!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mike4beka I'm glad you took a listen. I've been playing that Dark Ride clip of yours this morning and am really digging it.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Thanks man......much appreciated.

B.A.S.S. is just short for Badass or Badassness if you didn't know.......cause this song was just dripping with it

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
killer fusion style jam . AWESOME playing

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much Dannyboy! I couldn't touch the guitar for quite awhile and kinda let it all out on this one.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Seriously fucking good.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Excellent stuff Strat78!! Your playing keeps me inspired!!! Love how you use the whammy!! Fantastic touches!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts