• strat78

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Gtarxtrm

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Strat, your playing is superb. Like I mentioned before you kick ass, i guess that will be my ass. Well, here's mine.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
gtarxtm very nice playing, great job on this, but i had to go with strat on this one cuz i do believe he is eddie lol.. strat that was totally fckin awsome man:rock: good battle guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great show......

Nice showdown mates..... Fantastic playin by both, although gtrxtrm reminds me more of me tryin to play van halen and strat definetly has the essence and feel of eddie. Obviously, I had to go with strat on this one :bowdown:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man Strat, how did you get Eddie to play this for ya :devilchil ?
Damn that was great, Gtarxtrm gave good solid performance, but Strat gets my vote on this one. Nice, very nice guys.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for listening guys. Yeah, I could have voted for Strat too. He has that tone and feel. I couldn't get the timing and I was forcing my way throughout the song. Congrats Strat!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Now THIS is the shit I was talking about strat! You KNOW I won't blow smoke out ya ass when you get it so right! Awesome-just awesome. :bowdown:

gtarxtrm...not a bad version mate but strat just has the lot besides the right notes...you did well mate but he was on FIRE for this one! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me this song is the culmination of the wonders of the statocasters, thats why I love it. gtarxtrm brought some huge guns to the table. I know this because what he did overnight has taken me many years to barely get right. Wow! Fucking hell gtarxtrm!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
J-Mart said:
I can't believe I missed this!!!! Damn that was nice Strat78. You attention to every little thing is beyond amazing. Though my chances would be slim....Do you want to give a shot at the title sometime? I love this tune.
To be honest I thought my version had too many stress points. I would love to get this thing down to the point where the whole thing is relaxed and natural. -not that this proves anything other than a big personal thrill. Its been over 25 years and the original just floors me every listen! This tune deserves VERY CLOSE study by guitarist for its truly "out of the jungle" impact on the guitar scene at the time. If there is anybody who appreciates this its you J-mart. -I think you and I do it because out of the millions of adoring VH fans, very few really get dear old Edward. He's not technically the best but the beauty, life force and pure vigor of his playing is magic. Never mind Eddies epic tone! Actually Mr. Ed invented the word "tone" as far as electric guitar is concerned.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's funny, I'm an addict. So are you. I've always told people that if I could take one album with me to a deserted island it would be VH 1. The fire and intensity of that album is so addictive that it is hard to put into words. I can hear that marshall blazing. I always think other people hear it the same way I do, but you're probably right. Few understand. The ones that do are probably on this forum.

I've thought for a while now that we should have a convention or something. Everyone meets in some city and we have jam sessions, lessons, beers, talks about guitars.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
damn nice natural raw feel strat 78!
wow gtarxtrm overnight!!!!!! incredible!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I've tried playing this tune, and I've heard lots of people trying to play it, but I've only heard one that's nailed it. That's strat78.
I remember when you posted this one in the covers section. I was blown away by it, and I still am.
gtarxtrm did a great job on it, but was up against the wrong guy this time. At least if he wanted to win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts