Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was lookin for differences between les paul standard and les paul studio. the differances i could find were the price and the look. So i was wonderin if there is any other minor differances i couldn't find in these great guitars???

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
bacho99 said:
i was lookin for differences between les paul standard and les paul studio. the differances i could find were the price and the look. So i was wonderin if there is any other minor differances i couldn't find in these great guitars???

Hmmm, I dunno. I think it is basically the price and the look and parts.

My brother owns both guitars, a studio and a standard. He has gigged the Standard only once. When he had finished, he was just so upset that he had sweated all over it and immediately set to cleaning it up. He's never gigged it again since, he wants to keep it in it's tip top condition.

His studio, on the other hand, is his workhorse guitar and is his main gigging guitar. He regularly uses this one and doesn't mind about it slowly developing a used look.

Strange, really. But I agree. I think it's all down to value retention. The Standard's are expensive, and retain their value well, so you want to keep them in tip top condition in order to retain that maximum value. The studios still retain their value, but there's less of an emphasis on how warn in they look.

That's just my opinion.

As far as sound goes, they are both awesome !!!

:rock:

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Just to further my opinion. It's generally that the Standard's have such a nicer finish, whereas the Studios have the solid colour.

That's why the appeal of my brother's Standard over his Studio. His Standard is Cherryburst, so appears to get dirty quicker, whereas his Studio is all black and so doesn't appear to get dirty.

So that's another reason why he wants to keep the Standard cleaner. It just appears to get dirty quicker and has a much nicer finish. The Standard just never seems to be dirty, as it is Black already.

I dunno if I am helping or making any sense, so I will shut up now !!!

:doh:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
The LP standards are........................well the "standard" by which LPs are judged. They are basically everything you'd want in an LP. Everything else is just a variation on the theme set by the standard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.