Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like there's a lot more traffic with the covers and tributes than with originals. Thought it might be fun to have folks vote on their favorite cover track during the month - not to make it a competition so much, but to get an idea of what everyone likes - and just for fun too! This could include collabs as well as the individual projects. Just an idea!!

G

·
ksdb said:
It seems like there's a lot more traffic with the covers and tributes than with originals. Thought it might be fun to have folks vote on their favorite cover track during the month - not to make it a competition so much, but to get an idea of what everyone likes - and just for fun too! This could include collabs as well as the individual projects. Just an idea!!
I think that's an excellent idea! Especially since most of us cut our teeth on covers... This could be fun. :icon_cool

TJ

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Hey Eric since you have the battles section in the beta stage is there anyway to set up a bracket type setting for this idea. Maybe see who wants to participate then have them randomly give them a slot in their PM box....then you don't know who you are matched up against. Then have people vote down to a winner......?? Just a though Boss....

G

·
great idea...originials are one thing but covers are an excellent judge of skill and craftsmanship also,be it note perfect,or with some inovative originality...i say go for it! :bannana_g

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
oops dunno how i missed this thread ,

alot of months you have been allowed to submit covers , but the main reason behind this contest originally was to commend and judge peoples song writing ability rather than covering .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts