Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Crazy Admin
4,023 Posts
hehe , i've listened to so many bootlegs and stuff i just love some of the licks he used to throw in there , the big one i noticed was the one you threw in at the end of the first solo.. one of my faves ! :)

i used to have a backing sitting around somewhere like the live versions with the breakdown and build up to the end if you wanti can have a look around and see if i still have it :thumb:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers rakun

No it wasnt one take ... i wont lie. I tried to do it in one take but the pressure was too much and after a few attempts i feared for the safety of my guitar and window.

I recorded using Adobe Audition

· Scandinavian noise maker!
2,765 Posts
Ah almost steelguitar like!!
Very cool, that album has been my fave ever since it got out, and one of the main reasons for picking up guitar!
:thumb:

· I am a meat popsicle
4,742 Posts
Fantastic suff man!! Great job Cheesebox!! Killer tone and chops!! I am glad Stig got a chance to here this. I know he loves Mark Knopfler!! :thumb: :thumb:
Tastey, tastey!!

· excess to requirements
7,090 Posts
excellent job. nice finger style too, Did you use the compressor to even out the sound or is it just a personal preference?

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Great, great tone and technique. You make it sound easy, but would probably be a struggle for some of the rest of us. :(

Seriously great job on this; I think almost like the song better as an instrumental now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.