·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Re: \"Summer Song\" by Joe Satriani

[ QUOTE ]
axeshredder said:
Im not too experienced with a Wah Wah, but this song gave me a feel for it

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you were born with one attached to your foot!!!
Gr8 cover, bro!!! Awesome playing here!!!

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts

Oh man killer cover you just wah'ed this one out the door!!! Your were right on.......you would think Joe himself was playing!!!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts

Waaooourrrrrrwwwww
Great take man....loved it.
Great sound.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

wow..you guys shock me...im really not too happy with it....i need to let this song settle in a little...maybe next saturday morning ill try again...i waste all my morning energy on work...except for saturdays...thanks very much for your comments...and helping me build some confidence in my weak wahwah control

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

I knew those bts would mean you would go into overdrive with satch tunes
. This is really good, you get really close to the throaty satch-wah sound and the run at 2:15 (ish) is beautiful.

As for poor wah technique, I don't feel you have a problem with sounding like satch because he isn't really manic on the pedal, it is just a glorified tone control for him for most of the time.

This is very good axe - it sounds pretty professional as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Hell yea Axe! Great tone and chops! I think you handled the wahwah pedal awesome my friend.
I'm like you, I am real hesitant to put a tune on here no matter how long it's been worked on. I also have to let it soak in for little while. So many awesome players on this site I don't want to sound like a jackass. lol Did you use the Satriani model for this? Again, great work!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts

I did a cover of this a coupla years ago that I can't stand to listen to Axe...you did a better job than I did! Ok, it's not perfect BUT it's a twat of a song and I think you covered all the bases mate.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for those comments Go....you guys reverse my opinion on many of the things i record, cause i know im too critical but i cant help it when i hear myself make more lame than good attemps to sound like Joe in one recording.

Thanks Cold...yeah i post up stuff than i know could be better but ..ay...were all not guitar gods...and i like a little reality and imperfection, thats what cool about some of the recordings here...though many are perfect....The Satch Axe need adjustments so i havent played it since Joe Signed it....soon ill take it down...im still in awe looking at it..lol

Attachments

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts

Well Joe, given my current skill level on guitar, I would probably record the intro section with all the harmonics and the first "verse" part and call it good.

So, in that sense, my hat is off to you for this monster tune. I too felt that your wahwah work was further along than you are giving yourself credit for. I feel the same way about my wahwah skills. But this was a fantastic accomplishment. I have an @ssload of JOE BTs, so if you might be lookng for any that you need but don't have, shoot me a PM and I'll check my catalog. Again, great recording here.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks for the great comments, KC ...dying for backers off the new album especially "Souls of Distortion"..theres some serious WahWah in this one!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

As kc says - you nailed this. You can complain about not being note perfect but that is definatley missing the point. When wahwah says you nailed it. You Nailed it. Wahwah is like my favourite guitarist on here. you fucking nailed this! and you out picked joe! enjoy the moment
as it happens I think your Flying was a blinder too, Note perfect is nice but passion and spirit is so much more valid. Mickey has proven that to me! This is top playing.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[ QUOTE ]
wahwah said:
BUT it's a twat of a song and I think you covered all the bases mate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.....twat of a song is an understatement
.......your comments mean alot...Thank You!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
axeshredder said:
...dying for backers off the new album ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have "Gnaahhh" if you want it. It is kind of MIDI-sounding, but not terribly bad.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Goport said:
As kc says - you nailed this. You can complain about not being note perfect but that is definatley missing the point. When wahwah says you nailed it. You Nailed it. Wahwah is like my favourite guitarist on here. you fucking nailed this! and you out picked joe! enjoy the moment
as it happens I think your Flying was a blinder too, Note perfect is nice but passion and spirit is so much more valid. Mickey has proven that to me! This is top playing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im Speechless Go...Thanks Extremely Alot

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

Sounded great Axe! And sounds like you put a lot of time into learning it. You basically nailed it....and I liked the way you ended it also.

·
Registered
886 Posts

This one is top notch. Tone is fantastic and playing even better.

G

·

Quite simply put AxeShredder, that was awesome, great version and your playing was superb and very accurate.Love yourf red satch axe too...:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.