Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
forgive me for not ever hearing the original version. but this was some great playing by you robbie as usual.. i have to ask though, have you changed your tone? in the last few posts it seems diff then what i am used to from you..regardless, great playin with lots of feel:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
quality mate. Lovely phrasing, beautiful bends and nice harmonies too. :thumb:

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
I am like wiz sorry to say sgstd...not familar with the original...but no matter this was some VERY cool playing beautiful phrasing and nice tone...GJ man...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx vm everyone!!!:D Don, yes, I've been using different settings on my POD...just mixing things up a bit. And I've also been using a Dallas Rangemaster clone between the guitar and the POD occasionally.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I knew it i could tell.. do me a favor send me the tone you used to use if your done with it :lol:

sgstd said:
Thx vm everyone!!!:D Don, yes, I've been using different settings on my POD...just mixing things up a bit. And I've also been using a Dallas Rangemaster clone between the guitar and the POD occasionally.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest...I have no idea what I used!!:lol: It may have been brit hi gain with delay/compression.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I can't believe everyone here doesn't know this Gershwin classic. Fantasia basically won American Idol last year because of her version of this song.

Your harmonies on this are splendid. This song is rarely done with the electric guitar and you really made it fit like a glove.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx a lot Jeff, ksdb!!!:D Really appreciate y'all stopping by!!! And ksdb....the rendition by Fantasia was the most powerful and emontional vocal performance I've EVER seen!!!!:bowdown:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Ah that was way sweet man!!
Yeah your sound is very clear when you use that treblebooster :D

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was beautiful!!...Great feel SG!!:grin:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Best version after Joplin and Billy Holiday! This was so sweet and comfortable just like summer! The cottons' high!:jam:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts