Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an instrumental version of "Supernaut" from the Volume 4 album, which features one of my favourite Iommi Riffs!!

I was inspired to post this after hearing Bluesy and Linda do a fantastic version of Iron Man.

Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
This was really good! The "guitar vocals" sound great, and the solo kicked so much ass! :jam:
The breakdown section cracked me up as well.
Like how you put your own touch on this one. It feel like a very happy and upbeat song, not as dark as the original.
Great rendition of one of my favourite sabbath tunes :woot::bowdown:

·
Registered
442 Posts
This was really good! The "guitar vocals" sound great, and the solo kicked so much ass!
yes i agree with Naifuzan completely and one of my favorites :rock: :rock: :

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Really proffesional playing here , very slick with amazing detail.Really nice tone and a nice alternate view of this classic .This sounds like it should be on a album release , to me its that good ! very well played Sadge ...:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is excellent. It was cool that you picked out an obscure Sabbath track and this was a good vehicle for displaying your guitar skills.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Not bad for a Geordie. ;)

Just playing with ya. You're still in the top 3 of my favorite players on this site, as far as professional-sounding guitar work and production. I would have never guessed in a million years that this was a Sabbath tune. I love to hear interpretations of songs and this was really fun and interesting. Top-notch!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
:jam: :jam: Hey I like this better than the original as well!! Nice, nice stuff!!! Sweet tone too!!! :rock: (what did you use to get that tone btw)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very Cool - very laid back and not so agressive as the original (i like the agressiveness of the original its one of my fav sabbath songs) and the 'weekend at bernie's' breakdown section was great - you put your own touch on a very cool song and made it into something else - just as great. thats all you can ask of somebody and the guitar vocals I like alot - I usually do the same when i play to songs it just fills the song more - alot of people over look it - its a great technique. look forward to some more interpretations.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3fingers said:
:jam: :jam: Hey I like this better than the original as well!! Nice, nice stuff!!! Sweet tone too!!! :rock: (what did you use to get that tone btw)?
Thanks 3f :thumb:

I played my Ibanez Radius (with DiMarzio Fred in the bridge position) through my Peavey Pro-Fex (90's rack mount pre-amp/fx processor) using a patch I created by chaining Overdrive (full gain), Pitch shift (set at -12 steps like an octave divider with a mix level of 50%) and some reverb.
I recorded direct and eq'd and compressed the audio on the computer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ipecac said:
Very Cool - very laid back and not so agressive as the original (i like the agressiveness of the original its one of my fav sabbath songs) and the 'weekend at bernie's' breakdown section was great - you put your own touch on a very cool song and made it into something else - just as great. thats all you can ask of somebody and the guitar vocals I like alot - I usually do the same when i play to songs it just fills the song more - alot of people over look it - its a great technique. look forward to some more interpretations.
Thanks Ipecac :icon_thum

I too like the aggressiveness of the original!!

If only Bill Ward and Geezer Butler would make me a backing track lol lol :rock:
Its so hard to get aggressive energy from a drum machine and keyboard bass !! I did intend to make my version as heavy as Sabbath's but when I realised it wasn't going to happen I thought I would have some fun with the breakdown section. Its actually lifted from Booker T and the MG's "Soul Limbo", a hit in 1968 lol lol.
I thought someone might have spotted that one! lol lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
I grew up with this stuff and man you rocked it. Excellent!

Janell

1 - 19 of 19 Posts