Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great KC another great selection from you tonight, keep em coming man, great job!

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Dude nice to see you getting some more air time.....can't wait for the new equipment to arrive!!! Great job my friend

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If the songs only been downloaded 2 times how it is possible that all three of us could have listened to it. Haha, *tsk* *tsk*. Interesting tune man, nice groove there. I think it might have been cool to do like some octave harmonization to spice things up a bit, but its definately cool as is. Good job.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
good tune KC. The changes in this actually remind me of Rush.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Who is that mask man!
Great stuff Kc!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for listening and leaving some comments.

Mike, I am just trying to catch back up with your prolific volume of posts.

Ulny, I totally agree with your suggestion. In general, I love doing harmonies. I will probably add harmonies later, but as I've stated in a few other posts, my recording scenario is still pretty rudimentary at this point (I can utilize multiple tracks but still cannot listen to previously recorded tracks while recording additional ones). I am getting a new computer recording station in a couple of weeks (next paycheck. I've been saving up for a while now). I will have guitar harmonies flying out of my body cavity after I get that all set up. You will be leaving comments like, "dude, chill out on the guitar harmonies for Khrist sake!"
But for now, I am still a bit limited in what I can do. I will revisit this tune and repost down the road.

Goport, you know how to put a smile on the face of a guy like me....just tell me it sounded like RUSH!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SG, you're making the rounds today! I appreciate it. I don't hear RUSH at all here, but I'm touched that you guys do.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Aw it calls for extra parts...but as you pointed out, it is kinda difficult for you right now.
Sounds very cool.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, sorri Rid, his site must be temporarily down or something cause I could not access it either just now. I will send you a PM when I find out his site is back online. He did a really cool simple concept animation to a Moby song which turned out really good.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Aw merde the site cannot be shown.
Lol yeah it sounds like a track with very good possibilities.
And yes it is positively meant...I think you make cool imaginative music.....nothing like soundscapes and such.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woops, accidentally edited my previous post hoping it would end up here. So read the post two above this one.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
KC one word my friend Scorcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to have you somewhat back in commission.......very excited you will have new equipment too

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
WTG- Rush is not easy to cover, I can tell you have been Checking Alex. Your doin the job. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i meant the Rush style period!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks a lot guys (T-Axe, Mike nad Flair).

Gary, you said, "Keep it up. Now you are making me want to record somethign new and post in on here." That's awesome man. Very rewarding to me to think my recording got you excited to want to crank out some more recordings.

Mike, I'm trying to have my new recording PC by mid-October. Can't wait. Then we can start working on our theme song collab. Do you have your parts figured out yet???

Flair, you said, "I can tell you have been Checking Alex." Hell, I've been checking out Alex obsessively for about 15 years now (was pretty analytical of his playing even before I started playing guitar). I suppose it is inevitable for me to have a bit of Lifeson/Rush in my recordings even though I don't intend to or even think about it (unless doing a RUSH cover, of course). But hey, any comparisons to RUSH, no matter how skewed from reality, are still highly rewarding for me. Thanks for the listen fellow rush fan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.